Birth Stories
Options

Great Induction

The induction went great and was super easy! 

I was induced at 40 weeks 2 days for medical reasons, I had a great deal of swelling and my blood pressures were climbing. They wanted to induce me before either of us got sick.  

The day before my induction I went in at 10am got the cervical ripening gel and went home, no biggy. I was uncomfortable all day but nothing I would say ooo that's a contraction. We went back in at 1am and I was started on pitocin. For the night we slept and I kept unplugging myself to get up to go to the bathroom but no real pain.

Then they broke my water at 7am. This is when I noticed contractions and was a very unhappy person from 7-9. I went from 2 to 4 cm in the two hrs. At the 4 hour mark I got my epidural. Everything got better and fast after that. They told us be prepared for a long day and to have a baby dinner time ish. Well an hour after the epidural the nurse came in to give me a foley and check my progress. She checked me then and I was 9 cm, this was a surprise to everyone. This is at 1030am we waited an hour and I started pushed. 3 contractions (that I didn't feel) and 9 pushes later out comes baby! The amount of fluid that is expelled while pushing is crazy! That first push and gush was so huge! But by 1145 am we had our baby. Then I went to Womans surgical. I was a little disappointed not to go to MB but oh well. We were both discharged by 2pm the next day! 

I would get induced again!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Great Induction

• Options
    Yes
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Glad everything went so well~ Congrats!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing, congrats on your new baby!
    Me- 35 Dx endo; DH- 33 no probs.
    BFP#1 (totally a wonderful surprise)- 3/10/11. IUFD 6/25/11. 
    TTC since 8/2011.
    BFP#2- 11/1/11. EDD 7/6/12. Blighted ovum 12/1/11.

New OBGYN 12/2012- CD3 labs, SA, HSG normal. 
    First RE appt 1/16/2013. Unexplained infertility. Lap planned. 

12/2012- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN 
    1/2013- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN.

Lap 2/11/2013- Removed endo. 

3/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    4/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    5/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN

June 2013- Time for a new RE!

July 2013- We're in Shared Risk! Love my new RE!
    August 2013- IVF#1- 14 R, 11F, transferred 1 perfect blast, 5 day 5 frosties= BFN.
    Sept 2013- Let's get ready for FET October 7th ish!< transfer 2 embies 10/11/13.......BFP 10/18/13!!!!/div>

PAIF/SAIF and everyone is welcome. If I can make even one person's journey less painful, I will consider my experience here successful. Thank you to all for sharing their stories, the intimate details of their lives, their knowledge, and their hearts. I hope this experience changes me, always for the better.
  • Options
    I am 40 weeks now and am set for an induction on Monday Night. They have me going in at 7:30pm to get the Cervidil. I am a bit nervous but not too much baby is 8lbs 4oz so they want to get him out. I was so glad when i read your story, b/c it seems everyone else that responded to anything only have crazy bad stories. Thank you so much for you post. wish me luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing!
    Why? ???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"