Multiples
Options

When did you find out the gender of your twins?

I have been looking around the web and just everywhere is a little different (obviously every pregnancy is a little different i understand)  But i'm feeling so very impatient and i want to know what my wee ones are already!
image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: When did you find out the gender of your twins?

• Options

12 weeks is when the external genitals are fully formed - and can soemtimes be seen on an US if the babies are cooperative and the tech is good at his/her job.... no good tech will ever give a 100% guess that early though... even at 20 weeks things can be wrong - but in general by then a good shot = pretty accurate.

with all 3 of my boys we were told "likely boys" at our NTS which were at 12w2d for both pregnancies. 

I have a friend who was told "likely a girl" at her NTS at 13w and at her 20 week her daughter had a penis --- in general its easier to know for sure when it is a boy. Girl guesses tend to be wrong more often.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options
    We got a guess of "definitely one girl, probably two" at 12 weeks. At 16 weeks the tech said one of each and the MFM said 2 boys. We got confirmation of 2 boys at 19 1/2 weeks.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We found out the sexes of our twins at 20w2d. We found out with our singleton at 19w5d. 20w2d is when we started the monthly growth scans and we didn't pay for an earlier elective one or we probably could have found out sooner.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options
    14weeks for one and 16weeks for the other. We knew they were fraternal and baby B wasn't cooperating at the 14wk ultrasound.  The dr had a hard time getting 2 definite heartbeats so I had multiple ultrasound just to be better safe than sorry.  GL and congrats!
    3/10 IVF #1 TWINS! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    18 weeks.  1 of each.  Then last appt at 24 weeks now the doctor isn't sure on one of them.  I'm hoping to get a for sure answer on Wednesday at 25 weeks.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Options
    16 weeks- one of each.  Confirmed at 18 weeks.
    Photobucket Expecting #3/4 after a long battle with infertility. Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    17w5d----It was obvious they were boys :)
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Options
    16 weeks
  • Options

Our tech guessed 2 girls at 12 weeks - but she was very confident she said. She even asked my mom how she felt about being the grandma of two baby girls on the way?

At the 16 week and the 20 week they were still girls! Got 100 percent confirmation at 20 weeks and now at 24 weeks they are still girls.

• Options
    MFM said he was 80% sure at 13 weeks.  Confirmed at 16 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They guessed girl for DD at 16w, DS was being shy. Guessed boy for him at 18w and reaffirmed girl. Saw them indepth at 20w anatomy scan and the guesses still held....and were right.
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • Options
    We found out at 16ish weeks.
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OB took a guess at 12w and confirmed @ 16w.  She was right.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all!  Hopefully only a few more weeks and we'll know at least tentatively
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I found out at 16 weeks with all three of my girls. Never once was "boy" ever mentioned in any of my u/s! They were always girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They told us at 16 weeks, 0 days and then it was confirmed with our last two ultrasounds.
  • Options
    I was 16 weeks, 6 days when we found out we have two boys, although the ultrasound tech had to use some tricks to get baby B to show us the goods :)
  • Options
    15 weeks! Might have been a little easier for the tech since they are ID and both had to be the same! GL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Check out my blog: DesperateGenie.com
  • Options
    We were told 99% boy and "probably" girl at 14w1d.  It was confirmed at 20w.
  • Options
    Just a couple days shy of 15 weeks.  They are defiantly girls.
    BabyName Ticker ID Twin girls born June 10,2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"