Birth Stories
Options

Marcus Clay's Birth Story

This is a little late, but...

Marcus Clay was born on President's Day, Monday, February 20th at 5:07 p.m. -- two days before my EDD. He was 7 lbs 8 oz and 20.5" long. My DH and I bought a car that weekend, and picked it up from the dealer on Sunday night. We took it for a little spin, tested out the turbo, and then my water broke about an hour later. I wasn't sure at first, but felt like I was leaking. I went in to Labor & Delivery for confirmation. 

Since my water was broken, but I was not in active labor, the docs wanted to induce , especially since I was GBS positive. I was in labor for about 20 hours. DH was by my side supporting me and advocating for me with the medical staff the entire time. He even took an active role in helping me push.

I did have an epidural, which took about 45 minutes to administer, due to my scoliosis. After about 4 hours of active pushing, the midwife told me that since my water had been broken for almost 23 hours, we were running out of options. We had a choice between a vacuum-assisted vaginal delivery and a c-section. DH grilled the doc who would be performing the vacuum procedure to make sure she was experienced in the procedure and that this was her recommendation. She said I was an excellent candidate for a vacuum-assisted delivery and that she had a 100% success rate at the procedure. She was awesome!

The moment I heard Marcus Clay cry and they placed him on my chest, I forgot all about the 20 hour labor and delivery process. I would do it all again and then some for him! I thank God every night that he and I both made it through safe and sound, and most of all that was born healthy and happy!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Marcus Clay's Birth Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"