Health & Exercise
Options

Toning while Pregnant

Hi Everyone!  

I was hoping someone with a similar experience could weigh in.  This is my first pregnancy and I was15lbs overweight when I became pregnant.  I had planned to lose the weight, but as some of us know, that's easier said than done :) I am 8 weeks now and I have since started a prenatal workout 5 times a week, approved by my doctor.  I am not trying to lose weight obviously, but I am hoping to smooth out the cellulite and tone my arms and legs.  I guess my question is...has anyone become more toned while pregnant?  Is it even possible?  

Disclaimer, my reasons for working out are not strictly for vanity purposes.  I have read on this site and many others about the benefits of an active pregnancy.  I plan on working out regardless of whether not I see results...it just would be a nice bonus :)

Any insight is welcome!  Thanks!

Re: Toning while Pregnant

• Options
    I continued to lift while pregnant but I definitely did not become more toned while pregnant.  Definitely keep working out though! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I worked with a personal trainer a few years ago and she was pregnant at the time. She always said that during pregnancy you don't gain muscle you can only maintain it.  I'm not an expert but I'd think that's about right.  I've kept up my routine that I did pre-pregs (which includes a lot of weight lifting) and there is definitely no new definition or muscle...its just what I already had.  However, I think its GREAT you are doing it now- it will make it so much easier for you pp to get back into the swing of it and really start building muscle to tone up.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"