Attachment Parenting

A vent about mat clothes

Okay, I know that maternity shirts are cut longer since your belly is bigger. Duh. But I don't remember having such a hard time finding shirts that don't come down to my fricking knees! Like t-shirts & basics, not tunics. 

I know I'm sort of short (5'3"), but geez! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A vent about mat clothes

• I have the opposite problem- my shirts always seem to be too short!
  • My shirts are always too short, too!  All I can wear now that I'm in the last trimester are dresses.  Shirts and pants don't fit. :/
  • Loading the player...
  • I lived in the maternity version of The Gap's Favorite Tees.  (I'm a big fan of the non-maternity version when not pregnant.)

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had some super stretchy American Apparel (non-maternity) shirts I loved to wear while pg. Maybe you could try something like that?
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had good luck with gap maternity t's too. I actually still wear one! I'm a shorty too - 5'2" here. 

I also had some good luck with the target brand, although i didn't really like the way they fit around the neck/arms/shoulders. but the length was good.

I could never wear the "maternity" store brands - all the tops were huge. But I did love my leggings from one of those stores. 

Good luck - I ended up wearing a lot of dresses. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm 5ft and gap and target maternity clothes were always too big. Some Old Navy tops for well and I got a few pricier ones from destination maternity. Regular Target tops worked too since their regular clothes are too big when I'm not pregnant. My huge issue was pants. I could not find maternity pants/jeans that fit for less than $80. Which is why I have worn  the same 3 pairs every single day since September. I can't wait to raid my old denim stash!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yeah but at 34 weeks you'll start cussing all of those shirts for being too short ;)

I'm 5'3" as well and a size 16-18 and my gripe was always that maternity clothes are made for supermodels with basketball bellies. My mom would rave about the great "normal" maternity clothes available today when all she could buy in the 70s were A-line dresses and mumus.. and all I really wanted was an A-line dress or mumu and couldn't find them LOL.

Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejday1229:

Yeah but at 34 weeks you'll start cussing all of those shirts for being too short ;)

I'm 5'3" as well and a size 16-18 and my gripe was always that maternity clothes are made for supermodels with basketball bellies. My mom would rave about the great "normal" maternity clothes available today when all she could buy in the 70s were A-line dresses and mumus.. and all I really wanted was an A-line dress or mumu and couldn't find them LOL.

I was able to get away with maternity tops till about 34-35 weeks last time, then they were too short, but they didn't come down to my lower thigh/knees like these did.

This time it will be August in SC when I'm 34+ weeks. I'll be in maxi dresses exclusively at that point for sure. :) 

• imageblu-eyedwife:

I lived in the maternity version of The Gap's Favorite Tees.  (I'm a big fan of the non-maternity version when not pregnant.)

I ordered some Gap ones that arrived today that are too long. I think they are the Pure Body ones though. One fit great - a little long but that's fine as it should last to the end of my pregnancy or real close. Maybe it was cut like the Favorite Tee? I'll check. Thanks for this tip. 

• I just found most maternity clothes awful in general.  Like just because I was pregnant, I would certainly not want anything that looked remotely good.  LOL.  *sigh* 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mom and aunt sent me tops/tees from Kohl's and JC Penney's and they were a good length. Couldn't hurt to check out....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the opposite problem being 5"8 :) I did find that the Gap stuff ran the longest, so maybe try other brands? I have bought stuff mostly from Sears, Kohls and JCPenney this time, along with a couple of Motherhood and Gap/Old Navy items.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"