June 2011 Moms
Options

s/o Dinner...Last week's meals

I love the WFD posts for making weekly menus. Can we do a "What meal from last week did you really love?" Post too? I know a lot of us try new things, and that stuff can be hit or miss. So post something you made (whether it was new, or just one of your old favorites) that you love. Recipes or product recs are a big plus! :)

So...what meal from last week's menu did you really love?

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: s/o Dinner...Last week's meals

• Options

Great idea!

I made this a few weeks ago, but I loved how it turned out!  Risotto in the crockpot!  It was so easy and tasty!  I added in leftover chicken sausage, peas, asparagus, and bell pepper, but you could add anything you wanted.  DD loved it and it was pretty thick so she was able to pick it up and feed herself.

• Options

Great idea!  If you guys want, I can add it to the What's for Dinner This Week posts, unless we want a separate post to keep the boards active!

Last night I made this (which I will be blogging once I find my card reader!), and it was pretty good.  Next time I make it I think I'll do half water, half broth, because 2.5 cups of beef broth was a little too flavorful and I couldn't taste the cheese as much as I expected.  It was a hit though!

https://www.ezrapoundcake.com/archives/20782 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejcsumm0:

Great idea!

I made this a few weeks ago, but I loved how it turned out!  Risotto in the crockpot!  It was so easy and tasty!  I added in leftover chicken sausage, peas, asparagus, and bell pepper, but you could add anything you wanted.  DD loved it and it was pretty thick so she was able to pick it up and feed herself.

Ooh, good idea! I made risotto with peas last night and it was great, but wouldn't be good for a weeknight since I had to be in the kitchen awhile. Surprisingly, Isaac loved it on his first try! (that never happens) so I'll have to do more risotto. 

On Thursday I was excited about going to the farmer's market (first of the year) but I knew I wouldn't have much time to cook, so I got some jarred vodka sauce and penne at the grocery store, and then picked up some asparagus, zucchini, grape tomatoes, and spring onion at the farmers market and tossed it all together. Very easy and tasty!

Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Options

Telly, I love that idea, next week we can make it all one thread!

I made these mini meatloaves last week. In 2 days, LO ate 1 and I ate the other 4. Embarrassed DH says he hates meatloaf (he's never tried it and wouldn't try these), but I decided I wanted to make it for myself. These turned out really good! They were even better the next day reheated. I added some cayenne pepper to the sauce, hot sauce would have been good too. It needed the heat!

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
  • Options
    Our best meal last week was super easy...chicken teriyaki (just skinless/boneless chicken thighs marinated in teriyaki sauce), with brown rice and broccoli. Everyone cleaned their plates :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The best meal last week was Saturday - it was actually the only day last week that we cooked.  It was my Mom's old stand by Broccoli-Chicken Casserole.  I made one for my friend that just had a baby too. Sorry no exact measurements, but it goes like this:

3 boneless chicken breasts, uncooked, cubed

A couple cups of broccoli florets (either frozen or fresh)

Salt/pepper/adobo

2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup

? cup of sour cream

About ? cup of shredded cheddar

One sleeve-ish of Ritz Cracker crumbs

Tbs. or so of melted butter

Place the chicken and broccoli at the bottom of a baking dish and season with salt, pepper, adobo, or your choice.  Sprinkle half the cheese over the chicken and broccoli.  Mix the soup and sour cream together, and then spread over the chicken and broccoli.  Mix the butter and cracker crumbs and rest of the cheese together and then sprinkle on top of the casserole.  Bake at 375?F for about 40-45 minutes.  Very yummy with rice pilaf!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've been super in love with this quiche since the first time I made it:

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/asparagus-green-onion-goat-cheese-quiche-10000001886417/

I skip their crust directions, though (I like simpler recipes), and just use this one instead:

https://www.food.com/recipe/quick-n-easy-quiche-crust-18185

Eggs didn't go over well with LO, so she just has the sauteed asparagus and some of her own food. Last time I made just a little extra crust and cooked her a cracker that she loved, too.  

• Options

Not a dinner but I tried a new recipe for whole wheat banana bread and it was amazing.  I love this site... she only uses "real foods" in her recipes and has cut out pretty much everything processed.

Recipe:

https://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/05/02/recipe-whole-wheat-banana-bread/

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Have this going in the crock pot now...I was drooling reading the recipe and decided I needed to have it NOW.  I love risotto but seldom make it b/c I can't be tied down to the stove....thanks so much for sharing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"