High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Second pregnancy & anxiety about delivery...anyone else?

Hi Ladies, 

This is our second pregnancy. First time around, we have developed PP pre-e. We are being monitored by a peri and OB this time around and the experience thus far has been amazingly different.

I still have anxiety about the delivery and PP period. Anyone that has gone through something the first time around, how did you ease your anxiety or fears the second time.

I am trying not to feel scared but can't help but not. I think my hormones and lack of sleep lately have not been helping these feelings but I just feel the closer we are getting I am excited and nervous.

Anyone else feel this way?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Second pregnancy & anxiety about delivery...anyone else?

• Options

I understand how you feel. I had no known reason for my water breaking early. I'm terrified right now. I often wake up thinking I'm going to go into labor that day. 

Also, I have a lot of anxiety over the delivery, not so much the pain of delivery, but the events that take place during and after. I had a traumatic delivery with DS. I also am a "special case" where when they push down on you after to get it all out and help your uterus go down, I get sever pain. That's what's terrifying me as well.

We're going on a tour of the NICU in a couple weeks to help with comfort. I also have my docs email and appointments every two weeks. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

With my first my labor was great but then my son's shoulder got stuck during the delivery and things just seemed to be out of control.  They couldn't get him out and then once they did they said he was fine but all of a sudden they were taking him away to the NICU and I never even got a chance to hold him.  So, with my second I was concerned about another shoulder dystocia and/or NICU stay for the baby.  My doctor wanted to induce me at 38 weeks to try and avoid another dystocia which made me feel a little better but then I ended up going into labor on my own the night before my scheduled induction.  My labor was super fast and I almost didn't make it to the hospital but my daughter slipped right out.

I was still anxious with my third and I'm sure assuming this pregnancy continues I will be anxious yet again.  There are just so many unknowns with labor and delivery that I think all moms, no matter how good or bad their past experiences were, are anxious to do it all again.

The best thing I can suggest is to discuss your concerns with your doctor.

Good luck!

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    YES! I have no idea what I want to do...with my first pregnancy I ended up having a C-section, my hips never spread and my son was not coming out. I don't want to go through an experience like that again and I keep playing with the idea of...ok, well, if I don't have any bed rest and go into labor naturally do I try it? Do I try it if I have to be induced? Do I just say, hey doc, this sounds like a good day to cut me open. I go back and forth with what I want to do...I keep telling myself I have awhile but eventually I know that day is going to be here...haha.
    -Donna Married 11/19/09 Pregnancy #1: Son born March 22, 2011 after 3+ long months on bed rest due to PIH Pregnancy #2: Early miscarriage Pregnancy #3: Are we crazy for 2 under 2? Due 11/9/2012, diagnosed as Chronic HBP for this pregnancy along with gestational diabetes BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My older son is going to be 15 so it's been a while, but I remember everything like it was yesterday.  I already warned my DH that he's in for a fun, fun time.  Devil

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"