Parenting after 35
Options

NBR-I got outta a ticket!

Neener neener neener!  While on our regular "car ride nap" this afternoon, I got caught in the local speed trap.  And I KNOW that stretch of road is bad for cops.  Stupid, stupid BB!

Officer lady:  "Any idea how fast you were going?"

Me: "Um.. the speed limit is 30, right?  So why is it 45 on the way INTO town but 30 as you're leaving town?  It's the same stretch of road."

Officer:  "Yeah, but you were going 43 on the way out and you didn't even slow down when you saw me."

Me:  I was just so happy my kid finally fell asleep.  Please, whatever you do, don't wake him up."

Officer:  <laughing at me> Okay, just a warning this time, mom!

Sometimes it pays to be amusing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR-I got outta a ticket!

• Options

Oh, you're good!! I try not to speed, especially around home. DH, SIL and my dad and brother know a lot of the cops, I'd be in so much trouble!! I doubt humour would help, but I'd try!

But I've used a crying baby to get waived through customs faster.

ETA: Reminds me of the two cops sketches that Gabriel Iglasias does, omg, I died!

• Options
    Woo Hoo! I'm calling you next time they snap my picture running a red light; maybe you can write my not-guilty letter.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ha ha, good one!
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    Nice!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Love it!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Curse you!!!! After replying, I went on got a $150 for not seeing the three giant no turns signs (two points as well).  I could have used your gift of gab :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"