Parenting after 35

Frozen Sperm

Hello ladies, I usually post on TTC after 35, but I figure you ladies maybe able to help me here.  I am finally ok to start IUI, but my husband work schedule doesn't always fit so well for obtaining fresh sperm.  We are paying out of pocket, so I am wondering if frozen sperm is not a good idea.  We will do fresh sperm samples on days that work with his schedule, but I know I can't just set and wait around for those months. 
Any comments on frozen sperm is greatly appreciated :-)

Re: Frozen Sperm

• That's a good question for your doctors.... I would have no clue if popsicles are just as good as the fresh stuff.

Seems to me, tho, that even if your husband has an overnight/odd schedule, there's got to be an hour or two he can free up to, um, get the job done.. if ya know what I mean.  Surely, for the sake of starting a family, he could forego some sleep one day to make a deposit.

I used to work ridiculous work schedules, but nearly every job has some flexibility to it.  Can he take a long lunch break/go in to work early/leave late, etc?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for your response.  

He has to be at work by 6 am and the sample must be delivered by 7:30 am and IUI are then scheduled from 9-10 am they don't do anything past these hrs.  

• Loading the player...
  • I just read an insemination may be done in the early afternoon of the day of the surge.  I will check with them for more information regarding this.....Thanks
  • My motto is "Go for the No."  In other words, ask if they can accomodate other hours.  Even doctors can be reasonably human... don't just take what you read for fact.   You won't know until you ask.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBrideBuddies:

My motto is "Go for the No."  In other words, ask if they can accomodate other hours.  Even doctors can be reasonably human... don't just take what you read for fact.   You won't know until you ask.

You're correct....I wouldn't know unless I ask. Thanks you :-)

• My only successful IVF (#5) was using frozen sperm.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I asked my doctor about this when we began TTC via IUI. I as told fresh was preferred. Also it was quite a bit more expensive.
    TTC#1 since May 2008 IUI#1 clomid/trigger March. 2009 BFP! TWINS! lost twin around 9 weeks. It's a girl! TTC#2 IUI#1 Dec.2010 clomid/trigger = ectopic IUI#2 Feb.2011 menopur/trigger = BFP! Beta#1 14dpiui 166 Beta#2 16dpiui 438 It's a boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"