June 2012 Moms
Options

Gift ideas for shower hostess...

I just found out that one of my friends is planning to throw my and DH a babyshower and invite just a few of our close friends...I think that is just so sweet of her. I want to get her a thank you gift..any good ideas?  I know there is the typical candles and stuff but I want to look at other options but have no idea where to look..

thanks ladies for the help! and sorry if this topic has come up before..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gift ideas for shower hostess...

• Options
    Spa gift certificate, plants, restaurant gift certificate, Vera Bradley smaller bag/piece, wine glasses and a bottle of wine- you have a lot of options when you only have to buy 1 gift.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really love recieving personalized stationary and love to give it...however this would not be my best friends gift of choice.  If they are throwing you a shower, I assume that you know them pretty well.  What are some things she likes?  I agree with PP, Spa certificate always seems to be a popular one and a winner!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got mine (had 4 to buy) but a movie gift cert, flowers or yoga gift cert.  Do you know her favorite restaurant or something she's been wanting to try (like yoga?).  That's how I got my ideas.
  • Options

My BFF is throwing a small shower for me tomorrow and I was planning on picking up something for her today on my lunch break. I know she travels a lot so I was going to grab a flat iron travel thing - you can put your still hot flat iron into it and pack it away safely. I know it's not as sentimental as some of the other suggestions, but it is something I know she will use a lot.

For someone that is close to you, I would think outside of the traditional 'hostess' gift box and get something that you know they would really love but are unlikely to buy for themselves.

pregnancy pregnancy
  • Options
    Since it's just one person I would get something personalized to her personality.  The host of my shower loves bears and swarovski crystal.  I ended up buying her a swarovski crystal bear charm and she loved it!
  • Options
    Someone before (can't remember who..) posted that you could get a nice umbrella and attach a card that says "Thank you for showering me with your love." I thought that was a cute idea.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My good friend is throwing our shower and purchasing everything even though I really didn't want her to spend money on it.  We're getting her and her husband a really large Visa gift card that they can use on dinner and entertainment-movie, play, etc.  Whatever they want.  We'll take the kids for the night when they choose to use it.  I figure they need a night out more than anything, and this way they can choose if they want an expensive dinner and no movie, or cheaper dinner and movie, etc.
  • Options
    My hostess friend loves wine so I was planning to get her a gift card to a local restaurant and a bottle of nice wine.  Then I was almost immediately put on bed rest (should have gotten the present earlier, in all fairness), so I ended up buying her a 6-pack of Syrah from wine.woot.com. Not my first choice at all, but sue will definitely use it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies..these are all great ideas. I'll start looking around this weekend and see what she'll like best..I'm liking the spa certificate idea.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"