June 2012 Moms
Options

sex? no thanks. anyone else???

yah.. so sex, not my idea of fun right now. i cant lay on my back, forget about being on top! there are just no positions that are working... plus the added "lubrication" down there and everything is just not making me feel... lol... like a woman.

anyone else just not feeling it and feeling a little guilty about it, too?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sex? no thanks. anyone else???

• Options
    I'm actually in the opposite camp, but it's only because we found a position that worked for us.  Try to change it up?
  • Options
    I pulled a muscle in my butt that last time, on Saturday, and now I am limping. 'Nuff said.
    Brynn Due May 28th, 2012 IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am right there with you but trying to suck it up occasionally so that when I want to give it a go to jump start labor DH won't resist. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Have you tried the spooning position? I've found that is the most comfortable after 30 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have the opposite problem.. I feel like it lots but DH is totally weirded out by it and so we don't. Lame!

ETA: maybe its useful to mention that even though I feel like it I understand DH feeling weird about it and so I am not really concerned. So stop feeling guilty :) your DH really should understand.  

• Options

That's me totally.  I am feeling way to huge, stiff, and un-limber to try some crazy position.  Last time we tried missionary was like 3 weeks ago and it felt like my uterus was going to pop if he put even a little weight on me, and then we tried lady on top and I kept getting leg cramps and I was totally exhausted before he was even halfway there, let alone me.  Plus I felt all huge and flabby.  Not to be TMI- but the whole "doggy style"- um... I really don't want to present my hubby with bloated white butt with all the new stretch marks on my hips.  Not sexy at all.  I've gained weight all over, not just in my belly.  And when I bend over you can see these weird indents on either side of my belly that freak me out. 

But... now that I am getting closer I maybe want those cervix-softening side effects of sex, and my hubby seems less and less interested.  He used to push a little, but not anymore.  A bit ironic lol.

• Options
    Yeah I haven't been in the mood pretty much this whole pregnancy... We've only done it once :-/ DH has been EXTREMELY patient, understanding, and considerate. I'm very lucky but I do feel guilty...
  • Options
    Oh no, I am there with you. I really have no desire at all.  My DH is really understanding about this & tells me that it is ok. I do at times feel bad, but he tells me not to worry about it and that he understands.  I do occasionally go ahead and have relations with him, but it is more about him than me & I am totally ok with that. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageDavesgrl2011:

That's me totally.  I am feeling way to huge, stiff, and un-limber to try some crazy position.  Last time we tried missionary was like 3 weeks ago and it felt like my uterus was going to pop if he put even a little weight on me, and then we tried lady on top and I kept getting leg cramps and I was totally exhausted before he was even halfway there, let alone me.  Plus I felt all huge and flabby.  Not to be TMI- but the whole "doggy style"- um... I really don't want to present my hubby with bloated white butt with all the new stretch marks on my hips.  Not sexy at all.  I've gained weight all over, not just in my belly.  And when I bend over you can see these weird indents on either side of my belly that freak me out. 

But... now that I am getting closer I maybe want those cervix-softening side effects of sex, and my hubby seems less and less interested.  He used to push a little, but not anymore.  A bit ironic lol.

^^^this exactly!!  i feel so bad some times bc DH works 2 jobs.. and he really seems like he's still into it. apparently my weight gain doesnt bother him at all, and he doesnt understand why i dont feel sexy. bless his little heart, how can i turn that down? LOL.

lately i have noticed that hes not as affectionate as usual. like anytime i would just want to cuddle, it would always turn into sex.. and then i'd have that awkward moment of either i have to give in or tell him that i just wasnt feeling it.

i think i found the solution, last night i unexpectedly gave him some oral pleasure. hes been all lovey dovey ever since! LOL. poor guy just needed some special attention :)

• Options

Haha yeah no. We have had sex less than 10 times since Ive been pregnant.

If only I could go back to the pre-20 wks me and say DO IT!!! With him being active, its just plain creepy for me. Hes so real to me already, I literally feel like Im having sex with a baby on the front of me.

and husband said "I feel like hes watching me" which made me die.

So were mutually creeped out by it, and plan to make up for lost time whenever we can (dont laugh at my naivete!) My husband isnt minding the alternatives however...

• Options
    Yes.  I have no libido at all :(  poor DH.
  • Options
    I'm interested in it but it never works out right.  It's like trying to climb a mountain.  No matter what position I'm in it's uncomfortable and just makes me feel like it's not worth the trouble.  DH is having trouble with the new positions also, they aren't ones we particularly like.  I am ok on top for a while, but I can't lean forward to kiss him.  It takes so much energy in that position that though it's tolerable, we never actually can finish that way.  Everything else is just uncomfortable and puts pressure on my belly, even spooning.  Poor guy, he's just left to his own devices most of the time.  I give in on occasion because I feel guilty but I'm definitely not enjoying it the way I want to.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    I'm with you ladies. I have no desire and DH hasn't pushed at all, which I feel bad about but lets face it we are going through a lot for our babies they can do without sex for a few months for the baby...right?? I do miss the "making the baby" days though!!
  • Options
    Yup. I dont want anything to do with it. With hemeroids and all the pulled muscles I get.. I have absolutley no desire.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I hear you, but I feel like mine's more hormonal than anything. I just really don't feel like it, and the way I look/feel has diddly squat to do with it. It never really crosses my  mind any more, and I don't feel like I miss it.

I sort of feel bad for my husband, but sort of not. Any time he says he wants to, he ends up falling asleep early anyway (hehehe). 

claudia poirier
    Little Dude: 16 Apr. 2009 | Little Doll: 10 Jun. 2012

• Options

I am interested but it is just too difficult!  I feel like a whale and all the pulled muscles aren't worth it.

I do feel bad for the H so the other night I told him to go out and find someone else to have fun with for the next few weeks - I didn't care at all.   The look on his face was pricesless  Big Smile   

And then I got the lecture from him "I am not some kind of animal - I can control myself"  But I still got a good laugh from the look on his face!

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    I feel the same way! I still do it but not as often as before pregnancy, and it makes me feel so bad for DH that I sometimes cry (lovely pregnancy hormones lol). I would just be so tired at the end of the day. For work I teach dance so on top of being exhausted those days, I'll have hip pain as well. Not really a good feeling to get in the mood with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"