2»

Re: UO

• Options
    imagetsuredraider:
    imageMsMommyDoc:
    imageallisonmarie22:
    imageKatie829:

imageKCheam2006:
    I miss the activity of our bump board pre-facebook group.

I agree. I have almost PMed them to go over, but I just don't want/need people to know my full name and location. I like that privacy. 

It's fine for people to like their privacy.  I felt the same way in the beginning, but when it became obvious that this board was dwindling off I bit the bullet and joined the Facebook group.  I'm so glad I did.  We have a wonderful, caring community of women over there that are going to really mean something to each other for years down the road. 

Like your privacy? Fine, but damn....there comes a time when it's totally ridiculous that this UO comes up every. single. week.  Either move to the FB group or quit whining about it.  

Sincerely, 

Former Facebook Group Hater

Exactly! Not to mention that the outreach of compassion that happened today could never have happened had we not gotten to know each other better through a more personal channel like FB. I'll admit FB in general annoys me, but the group there makes me feel like part of an actual community...not just some responses to a post that i only recognize by a "siggy". Amazing stuff happening over their ladies, you are missing out!

+1,000,000Yes

So I was the one that posted the original UO on TB. Let me say that what I miss is the the ACTIVITY on TB board. I just find TB board easier to read and follow updates/threads. But, no one ever posts on TB anymore, so it's a bit boring. Let me stress that I like the FB and TB group and think the group of ladies on both are awesome. Sorry to ruffle feathers =)

• Options
    I'm not saying I don't get the FB group, I do. I just don't FB at all, don't even have an account, and miss the updates and the funny posts that used to be the all over the June board. That's all. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetopaz7777:
    "When we had our first baby, he slept in a drawer and we did just fine."  Ok, I understand that my baby won't have a lot of needs when it's first born and that yes we could get by with just the bassinet in our bedroom for quite a while.  I'd prefer to be more prepared.  This quote really irritates me when I'm trying to get the renovation in my second floor done so that I can start the nursery.  I understand that the baby will be fine if it doesn't get done, but if it's not done before the baby gets here, it might not be done for several years since I'm sure we will have our hands full.

This- I vented about this statement before b/c I have had this said to me when I got tearfully panicky about how little was done and how little time I had left.  The "you have tons of time" statement.  I blew up in front of my family about this b/c they hear "10 weeks" and it sounds like a lot of time to someone who isn't getting heavier, tired-er, stiffer, sicker, and more cumbersome as each day goes by. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKCheam2006:
    imagetsuredraider:
    imageMsMommyDoc:
    imageallisonmarie22:
    imageKatie829:

imageKCheam2006:

I agree. I have almost PMed them to go over, but I just don't want/need people to know my full name and location. I like that privacy. 

It's fine for people to like their privacy.  I felt the same way in the beginning, but when it became obvious that this board was dwindling off I bit the bullet and joined the Facebook group.  I'm so glad I did.  We have a wonderful, caring community of women over there that are going to really mean something to each other for years down the road. 

Like your privacy? Fine, but damn....there comes a time when it's totally ridiculous that this UO comes up every. single. week.  Either move to the FB group or quit whining about it.  

Sincerely, 

Exactly! Not to mention that the outreach of compassion that happened today could never have happened had we not gotten to know each other better through a more personal channel like FB. I'll admit FB in general annoys me, but the group there makes me feel like part of an actual community...not just some responses to a post that i only recognize by a "siggy". Amazing stuff happening over their ladies, you are missing out!

+1,000,000Yes

So I was the one that posted the original UO on TB. Let me say that what I miss is the the ACTIVITY on TB board. I just find TB board easier to read and follow updates/threads. But, no one ever posts on TB anymore, so it's a bit boring. Let me stress that I like the FB and TB group and think the group of ladies on both are awesome. Sorry to ruffle feathers =)

Exactly. People are just sad because our board is hanging on by a thread. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageHeartcease:
    imageMrsL8487:
    imageHeartcease:
    imageshmeell25:

I hate it when people say "Bahahaha" 

Is the B really necessary?  

Yes, because the B makes it an evil laugh. 

I always thought evil was Mwahahahaha. Bahahaha is just obnoxious... 

You're right, I support team Mwahahaha :)  "Mine is an evil laugh." 

Yes

Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKCheam2006:
    imagetsuredraider:
    imageMsMommyDoc:
    imageallisonmarie22:
    imageKatie829:

imageKCheam2006:

Sincerely, 

+1,000,000Yes

TB is easier to stay current on because there is one post every hour, if that, at this point.  On the FB group there are new posts every 5 minutes, even at 2am. The format makes it way easier to participate.  You can post about having a crappy day and everyone automatically sees it on the board and offers words of encouragement.  On here I always skip over those posts because I don't feel like opening them up.  We are having actual conversations with each other.

Plus, no one in our group is crazy.  I'm not going to show up at your house and steal your baby.  Pinkie swear.  In getting to know each other better we all have a great group of women rooting for us.  Just today we raised money for one of our June Bug mommies to have a cleaning service come.  We are not crazy, we care about each other.  Come Join us Big Smile

image image image image image image image image
  • Options
    imageSummerMama12:
    imageLoveyFNR:

Expectant Mom parking spaces are stupid and unnecessary. And using "I have trouble walking" is bologna. If you really had trouble walking why the hell are you out shopping? Have the hubby or family member do it. People VENTING about not getting an Expectant Mommy space annoys me even more.

I can see "New Mom" parking spaces as being more understandable. Carrying around a diaper bag and carseat and several bags can suck sometimes. It's definitely tougher than carrying a baby in your tummy.

Either way, pregnant chicks are not handicapped. You don't need a special parking spot. 

I have an irritable uterus and can't walk more than a few feet without having a constant, long contraction. It makes me have great difficulty walking at times.  However,  I still have things I need to get done that my DH isn't always available to handle, so being able to park close to the door is a HUGE help for me right now.  Don't assume people use those spaces out of laziness.

completely agree with this!! 

• Options
    Or if you have vag varicocity and a toddler it makes walking very difficult and I love expectant moms parking! 
    loren
  • Options
    I'm not a morning person. I can't stand it when people whistle in the morning. You go enjoy your morning in silence, while I suck down coffee and try to make it til 10 when quiet hours are over... (I work on a university campus and we really do have quiet hours around the dorms)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

William and Kate make me want to puke.  Ick! I'm so sick of everything related to them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    How do I join the FB group?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagemeg95995:
    How do I join the FB group?
    if you want to go ahead and send me a pm on here with your full FB name, I will add you as a friend and then I can get you added to the group. :)
  • Options
    imageKatie829:

I hate when people do not replace the carriage in the corrals after shopping at the market. Ugh... And I hate the excuse that they have children and it's too far away. Park closer to one, or suck it up. I have had my car hit so many times by the damn carriages.

Also I hate all the hoopla about Angelina and Brad getting married.

This is why my grocery store doesn't allow shopping carts in the parking lot.  You either carry your groceries out, or they put it in a bin and on a huge conveyor belt.  You drive up and they load it in your car.  It is bliss. 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"