Adoption

We've made a decision! ::deep breath::

After a long talk last night MH and I have decided to:

-Rush getting paperwork done and go forward with adoption!!!!!!!!!!  Our ideal "deadline" to be done is May 25th and we've been told we can make it happen!. 

-If we're not matched by Nov we'll consider maybe doing a round of IVF.  If we have been matched, we'll be thrilled we've expanded our family and put future treatments on the back burner for a while.

Of course my case manager is out of the office till Monday, so I'll take a gamble and ask you ladies.  On something like an "Adoptive Parent Questionnaire" MH and I would both fill one out right?  It asks questions like "Describe your parent's relationship" and "Describe personal goals."

WHEW...it feels awesome to have made a decision and be working towards something rather than sitting in limbo.

::whispers::  I promise not to be a huge PW like I have been the last few days! Embarrassed

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We've made a decision! ::deep breath::

• No input on the questionnaire here... Sorry.   But just wanted to say... Congratulations, Kdg!!  How exciting!  I hope everything moves swiftly and smoothly for you.  
    Me: 32, DH: 45... TTC #1 since May 2010
    July - Nov 2011: Testing with OB... OB said everything looks good
    March - Sept 2012: Moved to RE.. 4 treatment cycles - responses of one or no follicles
    09.03.12: Diagnosed Poor Ovarian Response.. DE IVF only option
    Feb - Nov 2012: Pursued Adoption. That door slammed shut.
    12.23.12: Surprise BFP (first ever)... 12.25 - 12.31: Natural M/C
  • With those type of questions I would assume you would each fill one out- but I don't know for sure. Congrats on your decision! 
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, you each fill one out. GL!
    imageimage
  • Yeah, on our adoptive parent questionnaire each parent is supposed to fill it out separately (including the questions on parenting and discipline styles, etc.).  GL getting everything done!
  • Congrats!

Yes, I'd have both of you fill out  the questionnaire.

PW away. So exciting!

• Congrats.... this is so exciting!!! :)
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Yay!!  You both fill out everything.  

It can be taxing, but we found it really helpful in gathering our thoughts for our profile books.   

• CheleChele member
    Good luck on your journey!
    10/27/07
  • Yay!  Doesn't it feel great to have something positive and hopeful on the horizon?

Don't fret, time will fly and you'll be buried in paperwork soon.  :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Congratulations!  I think you can definitely make your deadline as long as your caseworker can get your home visits done.  DH and I gathered all of our info and then took a long weekend off work to do everything.  We did nothing but fill out paperwork (and took a lunch date to get fingerprinted), and were done by Monday.  It seems like a lot, but you can knock it out pretty quick!

Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicbr>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on coming to a decision! I'm so excited for you!!!

And, yes, you should both fill one out. I know when we did ours, we both had personal questionaires, and a few combined ones.

• I just wanted to say congrats on making a decision. Seems we are on a similar timeline. Hope to see more of you around here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"