June 2012 Moms
Options

I have hit WHALE status

Over these last few days baby girl has GROWN A LOT!! As of yesterday I feel like I have hit whale status. I feel like I look swollen and huge. Am I all alone here or are others feeling this way too?

Re: I have hit WHALE status

• Options
    You are definitely not alone.  I feel the same way.  Im 32 weeks and I just feel like a big whale!
  • Options

I did notice just yesterday that I'm looking bigger. I mean, a lot depends on what I'm wearing - hoodies with the pocket in front make me look much tinier, but certain tops make me look like I might as well be due any day now. 

But yeah I also just recently started to have more trouble fitting behind things (steering wheel, booth at a restaurant) so that's been kinda hard to miss :-/ 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're not alone!  I hit 32 weeks and I think I look more like 37 weeks!
    Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I think it depends on what I wear too. Last week I got the "you still have 2 months left, really??" comment and then yesterday someone told me I didn't look that big to be so far along. I am guessing its the cloths I am wearing. I have notice that I am out of breath easier now and getting up from laying down is very very hard now.
  • Options
    Not alone!  I'm SO huge....I haven't weighed in yet this week but as of Friday I am up 30 lbs exactly..yay.  We went to an event Saturday and someone managed to sneak a photo of me...and man am I swollen?!  water weight is setting in and little one is running out of room in there!  I'm all about letting the games begin...8 more weeks, lets do this!
    Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• Options

imagejc0n15:
    I think it depends on what I wear too. Last week I got the "you still have 2 months left, really??" comment and then yesterday someone told me I didn't look that big to be so far along. I am guessing its the cloths I am wearing. I have notice that I am out of breath easier now and getting up from laying down is very very hard now.

All this.  Plus, I've noticed when I take off my socks, there are rings around my ankles.  Here comes the water weight.

• Options

Yep - right there with you!

And it didn't help this morning at the doctor's office that he was teasing me about how 'cute' and 'perfect' my baby belly is.  I wanted to smack him!  I love the doctor and we know him outside of his office but no one wants to hear that her huge belly is super cute!!

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    I feel the same way. I feel like the past couple of weeks I have gotten so much bigger. I guess LO had a growth spurt. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can't get over how swollen my feet are.  I wear flip flops to work each day, and my toes look like piggy sausages.  My feet are so flat and gross.  And my ankles!  EEEK!
  • Options
    Also 32 weeks and up 29 pounds.  I.  Am.  Huge!
  • Options
    44me44me member

Yeah, I had a man say , "eleven weeks to go (eye my belly)...are you having twins?" It doesn't help that there is another lady due the same week with barely a bump.  It's my fourth what can I say?

While I'll be glad when she's here and I can get back to normal, I try not to complain because I know some ladies who'd love to be big as a whale. AKA can't get pregnant, or have children.  The weeks will fly by, so sit back, enjoy the silence while you can, and take lots of pictures for your children to look at in the future! Someday you'll think the pictures are cute...just not right now!

• Options
    30 weeks today!  I was just saying a little over a week ago that I thought I would be bigger by now and then all of a sudden I was :(  It seems to happen so fast!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"