Adoption
Options

Anyone know of the new home study rules in Virginia?

I just got an email from our social worker. She said they are changing the rules for a home study by may 1st in virginia. She said additional paperwork will be needed. I really don't understand what's more to document. We did health, references, employment, financial and more that i can't think of right now. Anyone else's state change the rules? What more could we possibly do in paperwork? Tia

Re: Anyone know of the new home study rules in Virginia?

• Options
    god only knows... you get wrist cramps from filling things out, you get poked praded and asked a zillion questions... i have not seen anything in pa yet on that change but they are in the starting processes of change'n pa adoption laws! we have to turn in health (sphyco and physical), figerprinted, marriage cert/divorce decrees, 1040 forms, and a huge questionier. it's get'n nuts...we just want to have a family.
    hugs, love and prayers...familyhope
  • Options
    When we were still in the "foster" segment of our FTA, they were switching the state system to better track foster parents' training hours and allow for signing up for training courses and webinars on-line. There was a really big push about the state having a consistent level of training instead of it being mandated by just the local areas ... maybe it has something to do with that? The only other thing I can think of is maybe they would want updated references and background checks?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"