Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

explosive poop burned his butt

The last two days, DS has had especially foul-smelling explosive poop. It's smelled very acidic, and now he has a horrible, red, painful rash on his diaper area. He has had a bit of a cold the last few days as well, coughing and snotty, so I'm wondering if the poop is related to that. Has anybody else had a cold cause explosive, acidic, burning poop, or do you think it's something he ate (I don't think he's had anything new?)? TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: explosive poop burned his butt

• Teething causes this for us sometimes. I try to use a good barrier like desitin or aquaphore if I see that she is teething and  expect the toxic poops...usually she gets a rash on her chin first...she doesn't seem to drool more than normal but I do think it is teething related.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When my kids have had diarrhea and its in their diaper for more than like 10 seconds, it caused a terrible rash. And yeah, its usually accompanied by a slight fever. I put Aquafor on after cleaning them up between diaper changes, works much better for this type of rash
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We've had this issue with teething. Mylanta or Maalox swabbed on the area works wonders!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD had this after eating clementines (little oranges).  The grocery store had a great sale on them, so I bought a little crate and she was eating them daily for a snack....until the poop explosions started.  It took me a few days to get her straightened out.
  • Yep. We are finishing this with our twins. M had a horrible bout of blowouts after a bug and N had one or two. It burned their butts horribly. There is a great cream that pharmacists can make called EndIt. It smells like bacon, oddly enough, but it works REALLY well. I put some on M right before bed (it was red and just terrible) and by morning it was pink.
  • This tends to happen when DS is teething and it was so bad that we had to get a prescription diaper rash cream from the pedi, which btw works wonders and is definitely worth the $40 I have to shell out each time we need a new tube.  Hope your little guy is feeling better, soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It happened with teething for us. I used Neosporin on the area and it cleared up pretty quickly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"