April 2012 Moms
Options

My doctor said he could break my water with his finger if he needed to

So can I have DH do it?  Surprise  Let's get this show on the road already!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~

Re: My doctor said he could break my water with his finger if he needed to

• Options
    As long as your husband doesn't mind his hand getting drenched in fluid, I say go for it.
  • Options
    Since my OB accidentally did this with my first, I think it was the reason DH and I didn't have sex for the last two months of my pregnancy.  He was scared he was going to do it this time!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    haha My DH would be in shock.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I say go for it!!
  • Options
    I would be too scared!!! haha. If you and your DH want to, go for it! I'm jealous!!! haha
    Baby #2 is on the way!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby #1!
    Charles Edward 4/13/12 
    9 lbs 2 oz 22 & 3/4 inches
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    eav2ceav2c member

I'd seriously consider it but I am not a patient person. 

• Options

Really?  I got 4 "go for it"s?  I thought I would get "you're not even 40 weeks yet...what is the rush?"

Maybe we'll see what we can do!

Considering how sick my FIL is, DH really wants baby to come so we can get up there and visit him before he doesn't get a chance to meet his grandbaby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Options
    I also say go for it. I am not 40 weeks yet, and if I could do it, i would.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How fo you break your water with just a finger? Does he have sharp nails? I thought that had to use the tool thing to like pierce it and pop it? It's not super sharp but has a funny end on it.
  • Options

imageImThisBabysMom:
    How fo you break your water with just a finger? Does he have sharp nails? I thought that had to use the tool thing to like pierce it and pop it? It's not super sharp but has a funny end on it.

THIS!

My dr did it in the hospital and used a special hook.

I would NOT do it on my own. I'd worry about infection and I don't know if broken water is a 100% garuntee that labor would start. You might wind up in the hospital on pitocin and all that other crap.

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options
    It'll only work if your water was ready to break.  My "bag of waters was bulging" for weeks.  My OB barely put her finger in for an exam and it was a waterfall explosion all over the exam room in her office.  
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options
    imagepensparade:

imageImThisBabysMom:

THIS!

I would NOT do it on my own. I'd worry about infection and I don't know if broken water is a 100% garuntee that labor would start. You might wind up in the hospital on pitocin and all that other crap.

You risk infection when your water has been broken for 24 hours and baby is not delivered.

With Z my water broke (on its own) and they had to do pitocin to get contractions going.  It was a easy 9 hour labor.  So that doesn't worry me....

• Options

imagedixee.deluxe:
    It'll only work if your water was ready to break.  My "bag of waters was bulging" for weeks.  My OB barely put her finger in for an exam and it was a waterfall explosion all over the exam room in her office.  

LOL!!

• Options
    imageTheBuddha:
    imagepensparade:

imageImThisBabysMom:

THIS!

You risk infection when your water has been broken for 24 hours and baby is not delivered.

With Z my water broke (on its own) and they had to do pitocin to get contractions going.  It was a easy 9 hour labor.  So that doesn't worry me....

I'm just saying....if it doesn't automatically throw you into labor, you're going to wind up needing help. Which might not always be a breeze.

Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

• Options
    imageTheBuddha:

Also, there's more than one way to risk infection. Like, hands up there that aren't 100% sanitized. Even doctors don't like to check dialation too often after water has broken because they dont want to risk infection.

Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

• Options
    I wouldn't have H do it either, and I am super ready to have this baby out. But, I wouldn't be disappointed if the doctor accidentally broke it in the office!
  • Options
    If I could've talked my DH into it, I would've made him try, but he's way too squeamish...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    just grab a crochet hook and get 'er done. Bahaha, I kid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageFusionLMT:

I was gonna suggest this...sanitize it and get to work! HAHA!

DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options
    Would he even be able to? My OB had to stick her finger way into my cervix to strip my membranes. I wouldn't want DH sticking his hand in there like that, he wouldn't know what he was looking for. I don't think his peen would be able to find the right place, nor would it fit through a 2cm opening.... 
    Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Options

imageSoonToBeMrsDTS:
    Would he even be able to? My OB had to stick her finger way into my cervix to strip my membranes. I wouldn't want DH sticking his hand in there like that, he wouldn't know what he was looking for. I don't think his peen would be able to find the right place, nor would it fit through a 2cm opening.... 

lol

• Options

imageTambcat:
    I wouldn't have H do it either, and I am super ready to have this baby out. But, I wouldn't be disappointed if the doctor accidentally broke it in the office!

I was seriously so stoked when it happened.  My OB wasn't so excited about it.  But I was so excited that I knew DD was coming!  And also that my water wouldn't be breaking when I was on my own in a store or something. 

• Options
    imageDragonflyBelle:

imageFusionLMT:

I was gonna suggest this...sanitize it and get to work! HAHA!

LOL!  Nice addition mentioning sanitizing it!  Very important step!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"