June 2012 Moms
Options

GTKY: Honeymoon Edition

Where did you go on your honeymoon? If you did not have one, where would you go on your dream honeymoon? Bonus for PIP! :)

We went to St. Lucia and it was amazing. We stayed at a Sandals. I wish I could go back there. I never thought I would enjoy a beach vacation but I've never been so relaxed in my life. We had perfect weather and the food was awesome.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: GTKY: Honeymoon Edition

• Options

We went to Chicago for a short honeymoon, mostly because I was starting to get big with LO and didn't want to worry about too much travelling. Chicago was great, though... we saw the aquarium and the planetarium, and of course checked out the Bean. And we took the train, and it was amazing.

We're hoping to go on a bigger trip/honeymoon next year though for our 1 year anniversary. We've tossed around a few ideas and it will of course depend on whether or not DH's father will still be willing to pay for it (they're pretty well off and very generous), but we're thinking about a cruise either in the Carribean or the Mediterranean.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

We went to Grand Cayman. It was amazing and I just told DH last night I want to go back so bad.

*Le Sigh*

More vacations are a plus!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sandals Antigua....it was heavenly!

The church that I was supposed to get married in had a roof collapse nine days before my wedding so we had to change venues, send out new invitations, etc.  it was quite a stressful nightmare so a relaxing honeymoon was exactly what I needed! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We took a short honeymoon since my husband was still in grad school and was teaching a summer class.  We went to the Smoky Mountains and had a really good time.  I think my favorite thing we did was visit the WonderWorks.  I hope we can take a trip to Australia and New Zealand one of these days, that would be my dream vacation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejamiah18:

The church that I was supposed to get married in had a roof collapse nine days before my wedding so we had to change venues, send out new invitations, etc.  it was quite a stressful nightmare so a relaxing honeymoon was exactly what I needed! 

Oh wow I would have been a wreck! Were you happy with the new venue?

• Options
    imageJessieCupcake:
    imagejamiah18:

Oh wow I would have been a wreck! Were you happy with the new venue?

At the time, I was a wreck...I imagined getting married in that church my whole life! Luckily, we were able to get married in a nearby church with the same priest that was marrying us in the first place. It was nice and the bonus was...it was air conditioned which was key for an August wedding. So it worked out! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We went to Disney World. We didn't have much time for travel, so we decided it'd be best to stay stateside. We stayed at the Polynesian resort.

• Options
    DH and I had a low-key honeymoon and spent a few days in Vancouver, BC. It was lovely and relaxing! But for our first anniversary we spent a week in NYC, and I kind of considered that honeymoon #2 :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We went to Hawaii for 2 weeks. We stopped in SF for a night, had 2 nights on Oahu, 4 nights on Kauai and 7 nights on Maui. It was awesome, I am ready to go back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We went to the Greek Islands and it was amazing!  We stayed on the islands of Folegandros and Milos and also went to Athens.  The food was amazing, the scenery was beautiful and we had so much fun swimming, snorkeling and kayaking.  We absolutely love the Greek Islands and cannot wait to go back again.
  • Options
    We took a cruise to the eastern carribean.  Stopped at St. Marteen, St.  Thomas and Puerto Rico.  It was the most relaxing vacation we have ever taken!!  Would love to go on another cruise!
    Jennifer TTC #1 Dx PCOS 2009 Apr, Aug, and Sept tried clomid cycles.... BFN. Oct...DH SA results were normal. Me...HSG - left tube was clear, right tube was slightly blocked. Dec - Clomid #4 200mg Feb 2010 - IUI #1 200mg Clomid = BFN. June 2010 - IUI #2 200mg Clomid = BFN. March 2011 - IUI #3 w/ injectables = BFN (1st & last with RE, moving on to IVF). July 2011 - consult for IVF. Sept 2011, 1st IVF. Got our BFP on 10/2/11. Became a mom on 5/5/12 to a beautiful baby boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Because of conflicting work schedules we didn't have a honeymoon.  Instead that summer we did a weekend trip to Monterrey Bay and got scuba qualified hehe and we also did a 3 week babymoon in Key West, FL.  I posted a couple pics below Big Smile

• Options

We went on a cruise to Jamaica and Grand Cayman...It was beautiful...

I want to go on vacation sooooon!!! well, after the baby is born :)

• Options
    imageJessieCupcake:

Where did you go on your honeymoon? If you did not have one, where would you go on your dream honeymoon? Bonus for PIP! :)

We went to St. Lucia and it was amazing. We stayed at a Sandals. I wish I could go back there. I never thought I would enjoy a beach vacation but I've never been so relaxed in my life. We had perfect weather and the food was awesome.

We went to the same resort in St. Lucia!  I loved it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    BRBR member
    We went to Puerta Vallarta.  It was amazing!  That was the first time we had been to an all-inclusive (including alcohol) and now I'm convinced that's the way to go. 
  • Options
    We went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico because it was hurricane season and we were afraid to try the Caribbean that time of year.  We let the travel agent talk us out of the hotel we wanted to go to in Nuevo Vallarta and ended up regretting it.  We had a good time, but we enjoyed a 2007 babymoon to Jamaica much more.
  • Options

We didn't go on a honeymoon since DH was attending law school and once he graduated we bought a house then had a baby. Not a whole lot of time or money for a honeymoon.

However, we had went to Europe a month or so before we got engaged (which was a year before we got married) so I consider that my "pre-honeymoon"

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We went to Cuba for a week - we got married on a Friday and were on the beach on Sunday. It was wonderful! All inclusive and so relaxing.

I had told DH that since I planned the wedding it was his job to plan the honeymoon - and that I wanted a Corona commercial. The beach - it had the whitest sand and the cleanest water. 

It was a week of Sun, Sand, and ... honeymoon activities Wink.

pregnancy pregnancy
  • Options
    We stayed in an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora. It was heavenly!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLMBESQ:

My dream vacation! 

• Options
    We went on a 7 night caribbean cruise to Cozumel, Jamaica and Grand Cayman.  It was wonderful!
  • Options

Dreams Resort in Los Cabos, Mexico. Wonderful week of relaxation!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We spent one night in San Francisco and then 5 nights in Napa. We drank lots of wine and had a great time. The weather was not great, it being April and we had to cancel a hot air balloon ride. I hope to get back there and do that one day.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We also went to Saint Lucia.  We stayed at Jade Mountain, which was the most amazing resort.  Every room had an open wall overlooking the ocean, we had a private infinity pool, and the food, beverages, and private beach were incredible.  We also went scuba diving for the first time and that was fantastic!  We can't wait to go back, although I suspect it'll be a 5 year anniversary trip.
  • Options
    We had to postpone our honeymoon till 6 months after we got married but when we finally did go we spend a week in Negril, Jamaica. It was beautiful, super relaxing, and the best part it snowed 6 inches at home the week we were gone!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Maui - It was wonderful and I wish I was there right now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
  • Options
    Haha.  We went to Cancun in October 2005, where we promptly found ourselves in the middle of a Category 5 hurricane (Wilma) and were stranded for 2 weeks (we were supposed to be there for 6 days) in a boarded-window shelter & then a resort (with roommates) before an emergency flight out.  Awesome.  We still talk about needing a do-over, it was crazy.
  • Options
    We went to Hawaii.  Spent 5 days on Maui and 5 days on the Big Island.  I still dream about that place Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebrangela2:
    We went to the Greek Islands and it was amazing!  We stayed on the islands of Folegandros and Milos and also went to Athens.  The food was amazing, the scenery was beautiful and we had so much fun swimming, snorkeling and kayaking.  We absolutely love the Greek Islands and cannot wait to go back again.

Sounds amazing!!!

• Options

imageLMBESQ:

This is my dream vacay spot.  I just love looking at photos from there!

• Options

We went to Vegas for a week.  We gambled a total of 1 hour probably - and it only took that long because we were so busy walking around deciding which slots to play - but took in quite a few shows, shopped until we dropped (yeah ladies, he shops ;) ate the most amazing food and reached our drinking peak at about 4pm each afternoon.

We actually want to go back with the kids in a few years.  Maybe for a few days on the way back to Disney.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We stayed at Le Blanc in Cancun.  It was amazing.  We hope to go back for a few days once LO#2 is weaned. 
  • Options

imagerissa_n:
    Haha.  We went to Cancun in October 2005, where we promptly found ourselves in the middle of a Category 5 hurricane (Wilma) and were stranded for 2 weeks (we were supposed to be there for 6 days) in a boarded-window shelter & then a resort (with roommates) before an emergency flight out.  Awesome.  We still talk about needing a do-over, it was crazy.

That's crazy!! You definitely need a do over! Anniversary trip perhaps? :) 

• Options
    krb03krb03 member

We went to Mazatlan, Mexico. We stayed at the Pueblo Bonito. It was a pretty great getaway :) However, I will say we went to the Dominican Republic this past summer for our 5 year anniversary & it was the most relaxing/enjoyable vacation I think we've ever done.

imageimage
  • Options
    We stayed in Europe for 3 weeks... we did a 2 week cruise through the Greek Isles and made stops to Rome, Venice, Monte Carlo and a Few others. Then we stayed extra time in both Venice and Rome... It was AMAZING And I cannot wait to bring little one to her first European vacation.... someday 
  • Options
    We got married on Cape Cod.  We spent the week prior to the wedding at our beach house there.  Then, the morning after our wedding, we had a car pick us up, and we went to Logan and got on a plane to Puerto Rico, and went on a cruise for a week!  St. Maarten was among the stops.  We've been there 4 times.  It was awesome! :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options

We spent 7 amazing nights at Couples Negril, Jamaica. Every morning we were on the beach until lunch then we hung by the pool a bit until we ended the day with more time on the beach. We went on a catamaran cruise, snorkled, cliff dove and other fun activities! We also met a wonderful couple that we still keep in touch with to this day! We actually spent this past weekend with them! O, how I wish I was going back to Jamaica soon. We will be there for our 5 year anniversary though, only 2 years to go.

• Options
    We went to Aruba and stayed at the Playa Linda Resort.
    My Running Blog!

2012: Running & Race Accomplishments:

2-12-12: Riverview Winter Fest 4 mile, 34:59 8:45 pace - 23 weeks pregnant
    2-29-12: Leap Year 4 mile, 36:45 9:11 pace - 25.5 weeks pregnant
    3-11-12: Corktown 5K, 28:33 9:13 pace - 27 weeks pregnant
    3-25-12: Rock CF Island Half Marathon, 2:11:03 10:00 pace - 29 weeks pregnant
    4-16-12 Boston Marathon, deferring to 2013
    8-11-12: Run thru Hell 10 mile or 4.8 mile
    9-30-12: Brooksie Way Half Marathon
    10-21-12: Grand Rapids Marathon
    11-22-12: Detroit Turkey Trot 10K

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We took a 7day cruise to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas. It was awesome!
  • Options
    imageMWM0903:

We spent 7 amazing nights at Couples Negril, Jamaica. Every morning we were on the beach until lunch then we hung by the pool a bit until we ended the day with more time on the beach. We went on a catamaran cruise, snorkled, cliff dove and other fun activities! We also met a wonderful couple that we still keep in touch with to this day! We actually spent this past weekend with them! O, how I wish I was going back to Jamaica soon. We will be there for our 5 year anniversary though, only 2 years to go.

We stayed at the Wyndham Sugar Bay resort in St. Thomas for 2 weeks. It was fabulous. We also met a couple that we've kept in touch with. We've visited them and vice versa over the years and our kids send each other little things for birthdays and Christmas! We actually met them 2 years ago in Punta Cana for our 5 year "Anniversary Reunion". Both trips were fabulous and SO relaxing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"