Success after IF
Options

House saga continues

I've posted numerous times about not being able to sell our house, how we had to move for a job, applying for loan modifications, etc., and how in the end we decided to pursue a deed in lieu of foreclosure (pretty much giving the house back to the bank)...

Well after literally a year of dealing with all of this, and having the deed in lieu paperwork in since the start of 2012, we find out yesterday that the subcontracted mortgage company for the credit union who holds our mortgage denied the application because the floors in our house were unswept and there were a few items in our garage. OMFG, DH lost his sh*t on the phone. The reason for the items left behind and the messy floor? The company sent someone to winterize the house, who tracked dirt everywhere, and who took the opener to the garage door so we haven't been able to get our stuff. Oh, and apparently there is no appeal process. We can pay a $600 fee for them to clean it, or they will move forward with a straight foreclosure. The mortgage crisis in this country is because of this kind of bullsh*t that the banks are pulling.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: House saga continues

• Options

Wow, you guys have really been through the ringer on this whole thing.  That is absolutely ridiculious.  I'm so sorry. 

While there may not be a formal appeal process is there anyone you can speak with that has an ounce of common sense???   Why would they want to go through the expensive process of foreclosure when you're being so cooperative. 

• Options
    imagewiscgirl95:

Wow, you guys have really been through the ringer on this whole thing.  That is absolutely ridiculious.  I'm so sorry. 

While there may not be a formal appeal process is there anyone you can speak with that has an ounce of common sense???   Why would they want to go through the expensive process of foreclosure when you're being so cooperative. 

G called he credit union yesterday and pretty much said that the company representing them was doing a terrible job and was going to cost them a ton in legal fees. We are waiting for a call back from the credit union manager. What an effing nightmare.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry.  What a nightmare.  :( 

We are in a similar situation.  Six months after we got an offer on our house (short sale), we are finally supposed to hear back from the bank next week.  Originally they wanted $20K more than the offer, which is not supported by any comps in the area or by our appraisal.  I have a sickening feeling they are going to deny the offer and close the file.

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options
    imageJillRock96:

I am so sorry.  What a nightmare.  :( 

We are in a similar situation.  Six months after we got an offer on our house (short sale), we are finally supposed to hear back from the bank next week.  Originally they wanted $20K more than the offer, which is not supported by any comps in the area or by our appraisal.  I have a sickening feeling they are going to deny the offer and close the file.

:( I really hope you get good news next week.  

• Options

UNBELIEVABLE.

i don't know how some of these people sleep at night.

i am so sorry. let me know if you need me to go and punch someone. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

In our area, our news station has a help line that helps people with all different problems - issues with contractors, credit cards, stores, etc.  Do you have something like that?  I think this would be a perfect candidate for something like that.

I'm so sorry that you are still dealing with this.

-----Lisa-----
  • Options

That is beyond ridiculous.  I am so sorry they are doing that.  What jackasses.

(((hugs)))

• Options
    WHAT?! That is absolute ridiculous. I an so sorry you're dealing with this junk. Just absurd :(
  • Options

What I do not get about this mortgage crap is this: banks are so picky about this in the name of not losing money, but in the end the longer they drag it out, the more money they lose. 

Honestly, at this point, the homeowner is not horribly concerned with credit rating, which is really the only 'recourse' the bank has. Like with Jill, take the offer, and call it a day. If they don't, they are going to foreclose, drag it out longer, rack up more fees and legal costs, only to get a piece of paper from a court saying, 'yup, they owe you money, so you get the house back'

Ugh, talk about cutting off your nose....

So sorry you are dealing with this.  

• Options

Ugh, waht a nightmare. I'm so sorry you're STILL not don dealing with them.

What I'd like to see is banks get punished for letting all these forclosures fall to crap. They're the owners now, why shouldn't they get penalized for their abandoned, dilapidates structures across the country? Maybe they'd be more willing to work with people.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"