Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

4 months and not giggling?

My little man smiles up a storm and coos and makes great eye contact, but no giggles yet.  Everything I've read says that "BY" 4 months, he should be giggling.  Cause for concern?  THanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 4 months and not giggling?

• Options

I don't think so. My almost 5 month old doesn't really giggle much either. He's given us a few and does all the things your LO does, but that's it.

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    We just got our first giggle a little over two weeks ago (so at ~4 1/2 months) and it was the dog barking that made her laugh.  We finally were able to make her laugh at us last night during bath-time.  According to the reports from daycare she has been laughing at the other babies ever since she started laughing at the dog.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO took a little while to giggle too.I was worried when mine didn't giggle when I thought she was supposed to and I actually ended up crying when she finally giggled. I wouldn't be too worried it sounds like he is just taking his time,but if it is really bothering you, give your pedi a call.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    DD is 5.5 months old and doesn't giggle a lot.  I doubt she was giggling at 4 months at all.  She is like your LO and smiles all the time!  But, she's verrrrry hard to get a good giggle out of.  She has done it a few times now, but not many!  I don't think it's a big concern.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DD is the same way.  She smiles, coos, has a great "vocabulary" but we haven't really gotten the belly laughs yet.  She'll do a ha-ha-ha sometimes but not all the time.  I think it will come soon enough. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Not to worry. It is not a developmental milestone :) Engagement is important but they don't need to giggle. I know you can't wait but it will come.
  • Options
    We just got DD to giggle for the first time 2 days ago.  Before, she would squeal, but not giggle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DD is 3.5 years old and never was much of a giggler - I never once remember getting a belly laugh from her.
  • Options
    My DD only giggled a couple times around/after 4 months.. She is 5 months now and has really started giggling so I wont worry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Maybe your jokes are that funny.  Try taking him to a really good comedian.  I'm sure your baby will laugh then.
  • Options
    My almost 9 month old doesn't giggle and never has.  He's perfectly normal and very social.  He's just not a giggler.
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"