Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

When would you give LO birthday presents?

DS's birthday is on Monday. He will spending the day at daycare, which sort of sucks, but I just started a new job a month or so ago, so I don't have the vacation time yet.

We're having a small party in 1 week.

Would you give DS gifts tomorrow (so he has time to play/read them)? Monday since it's  his actual birthday? Saturday at the party?

Re: When would you give LO birthday presents?

• Options
    I think we're going to give Nora hers at her party after her birthday for this year. We haven't decided what we're going to do ON her birthday.. :(
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    At this age, at the party.  When they are older and KNOW it is their birthday they will want presents that day.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNeighner20:
    At this age, at the party.  When they are older and KNOW it is their birthday they will want presents that day.

He definitely knows his birthday is coming up (and has been talking about it) and I'm sure they will sing to him at DCP, etc. We'll also do a cupcake for him on his actual bday. I don't know that he realizes birthday = presents. I'm probably more excited to give them to him than anything, so I'm sure I'm overthinking this. ;)

• Options

We have family in town this weekend, but someone is leaving Monday (DS bday is Tuesday) so we're doing presents and cake tomorrow.  I'm sure we'll do a little something on his actual birthday and we are going to the zoo that day. 

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If my LOs actual birthday came before the party then we give them their gift that day and do a special dinner at our home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageWestCoastMommy:
    If my LOs actual birthday came before the party then we give them their gift that day and do a special dinner at our home.

This, exactly!

Even though he is spending the day at daycare, you could still have a mini family celebration at night when you are all home.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DSs bday is on monday too! We spread his presents out over time. DH and I gave him a fish tank last week. MIL and FIL flew in last night and gave him his presents today. The party is tomorrow so he will get presents from my parents and aunts and uncles. On Monday DS will get something small and cake for breakfast. Happy bday to your little guy!!
  • Options

We actually weren't with LO on his birthday.  He was out of town with my parents -  I was closing/ packing up a school and just simply couldn't have LO around at the time.    DH was also traveling a lot at the time and couldn't get out of being out of town on LO's birthday.  It sucked and i felt bad, but it is what had to be done.

Anyway.  We did a small family cupcake and present opening the day we picked him up from his grandparents.   And the party came a couple days later on that following Saturday.

LO didn't know any different, and he enjoyed having more then one day of treats and present opening.

Do whatever works for you.  I promise you, LO won't remember or hold anything against you. :)

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We give DD her presents on her birthday.  It was too hectic at the party, and I wanted to take pics of just us celebrating.

• Options
    DD gets one gift and a nice dinner on her actual birthday, and everything else at her party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"