Breastfeeding
Options

Going out with BM

HI ladies, 

When you are going out and taking BM with you to feed LO, what do you do with it?  Do you pack it in a cooler or just leave it room temp in a diaper bag for awhile?

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going out with BM

• Options
    I just take it from the fridge and leave it to warm in the diaper bag. However, if we are going somewhere outside and it is hot (park, zoo, etc.), then I will wrap a bag of ice around it so it doesn't spoil. If you are going somewhere air conditioned, the milk should be fine at room temp for several hours!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetokenhoser:
    I keep it in my boobs. Stick out tongue

LOL.  Me too.  It's way easier to bite the bullet and just become comfortable with NIP.  That way you don't have to worry about keeping it fresh, reheating it while your baby screams from hunger, or becoming uncomfortable with engorgement yourself.  

But to answer your question you could keep it with an ice pack in a cooler or pump milk just before you leave and it stays fresh at room temperature for a while.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I pump before we leave and keep it room temp as long as we are back home in 6 hours.
  • Options

imagetokenhoser:

I think this response was a bit snarky and insensitive. Not all of us are able to nurse our children. I personally EP because I cannot nurse, and assumed OP was doing something similar. Of course it would be easier to keep milk in our breasts until it was needed but that isn't always possible.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCatD2012:

imagetokenhoser:

I think this response was a bit snarky and insensitive. Not all of us are able to nurse our children. I personally EP because I cannot nurse, and assumed OP was doing something similar. Of course it would be easier to keep milk in our breasts until it was needed but that isn't always possible.  

If you think I'm snarky and insensitive, so be it. Please, stick around the board and answer a dozen questions a day with great compassion and show me how it's done.

A lot of moms feel like they can't nurse in public and choose to try to pump and give bottles. It's needlessly complicated.

• Options
    imageCatD2012:

imagetokenhoser:

Oh gimme a freaking break.  Have a sense of humor!  She wasn't trying to be mean and insensitive.  Gees.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"