Baby Names

Bronte

I work with a girl named Bronte, it took me a while to realize this was her first name, I thought they were just calling her by a nn or her ln. It's nms but was curious what others thought as i have never heard it before, I did find it on behind the name though.

Re: Bronte

• Famous writer, name from the movie "Greencard"

I like it. 

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • It was on our list. Does she pronounce it like the Bront? sisters?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Loading the player...
  • I know a girl named Bronte, she is about 23 years old. Her NN her whole life has been Bronte-saurus! She likes neither her name nor her NN. She is TRYING to get a new NN/name in peoples heads as an adult. She is trying to get people to call her Roni...........which she doesn't love , but likes better.
  • I get where it comes from, but couldn't they just have named her Elizabeth? Bronte sounds horribly harsh for a girl. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageSarahPLiz:
    I get where it comes from, but couldn't they just have named her Elizabeth? Bronte sounds horribly harsh for a girl. 

I had to double check, I was only aware of Emily and Charlotte. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageaustenreader85:

imageSarahPLiz:
    I get where it comes from, but couldn't they just have named her Elizabeth? Bronte sounds horribly harsh for a girl. 

Gasp! Don't forget Anne! I LOVE The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.

I love the Bronte sisters' work, but not Bronte as a fn for a girl.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I don't care for it. It strikes me as trying too hard to be unique, as well as trying too hard to look smart/educated. It wouldn't surprise me if that girl's parents have never even read the entirety of a Bronte sisters' book.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • imagestrawberrytree:
    imageaustenreader85:

imageSarahPLiz:

Gasp! Don't forget Anne! I LOVE The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.

I love the Bronte sisters' work, but not Bronte as a fn for a girl.  

I was too immersed in Austen to read much of the Brontes.  I liked Jane Eyre ok, couldn't make it all the way through Wuthering Heights. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like it, definitely unique. I like that the author is linked to her.
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• I don't like it at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hate LNs as first names and super obvious literary names.. makes it seem that the parents are trying too hard. If they loved one of the authors, they could use a character name or one of the FNs... which were really common and would not be directly tied in such a way...

• As a literary nerd, I actually really like it.
  • It's a name I have on my list.... for a future dog.  I wouldn't name a person Bronte.
  • It's on my long list. It's probably more of a guilty pleasure name for me, but I love it.

• I've never personally met a Bronte but I've actually heard of someone with this name. I kind of like it.

• imagekivagurl8:
    I don't think this sounds feminine at all.

This.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"