Baby Names
Options

Bronte

I work with a girl named Bronte, it took me a while to realize this was her first name, I thought they were just calling her by a nn or her ln. It's nms but was curious what others thought as i have never heard it before, I did find it on behind the name though.

Re: Bronte

• Options

Famous writer, name from the movie "Greencard"

I like it. 

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Options
    It was on our list. Does she pronounce it like the Bront? sisters?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know a girl named Bronte, she is about 23 years old. Her NN her whole life has been Bronte-saurus! She likes neither her name nor her NN. She is TRYING to get a new NN/name in peoples heads as an adult. She is trying to get people to call her Roni...........which she doesn't love , but likes better.
  • Options
    I get where it comes from, but couldn't they just have named her Elizabeth? Bronte sounds horribly harsh for a girl. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageSarahPLiz:
    I get where it comes from, but couldn't they just have named her Elizabeth? Bronte sounds horribly harsh for a girl. 

I had to double check, I was only aware of Emily and Charlotte. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageaustenreader85:

imageSarahPLiz:

Gasp! Don't forget Anne! I LOVE The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.

I love the Bronte sisters' work, but not Bronte as a fn for a girl.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I don't care for it. It strikes me as trying too hard to be unique, as well as trying too hard to look smart/educated. It wouldn't surprise me if that girl's parents have never even read the entirety of a Bronte sisters' book.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options
    imagestrawberrytree:
    imageaustenreader85:

imageSarahPLiz:

Gasp! Don't forget Anne! I LOVE The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.

I love the Bronte sisters' work, but not Bronte as a fn for a girl.  

I was too immersed in Austen to read much of the Brontes.  I liked Jane Eyre ok, couldn't make it all the way through Wuthering Heights. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like it, definitely unique. I like that the author is linked to her.
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Options
    I don't like it at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hate LNs as first names and super obvious literary names.. makes it seem that the parents are trying too hard. If they loved one of the authors, they could use a character name or one of the FNs... which were really common and would not be directly tied in such a way...

• Options
    As a literary nerd, I actually really like it.
  • Options
    It's a name I have on my list.... for a future dog.  I wouldn't name a person Bronte.
  • Options
    It's on my long list. It's probably more of a guilty pleasure name for me, but I love it.

• Options
    I've never personally met a Bronte but I've actually heard of someone with this name. I kind of like it.

• Options

imagekivagurl8:
    I don't think this sounds feminine at all.

This.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"