Babies: 0 - 3 Months

My first PP period? (TMI)

I am currently just over 5 weeks PP. I haven't had any real bleeding since about 2 and a half weeks. I started having some light brown discharge starting the day before yesterday and it has progressively gotten darker. A couple of hours ago I went to the bathroom and I am spotting bright red blood along with the discharge. I have had some really light cramps but they aren't consistent. I'm wondering if this sounds like it could be my period coming back? I just have no idea because this would be so different from my periods before I got pregnant. I have always had very heavy periods with a lot of  really bad cramping.

Does anybody want to share your experience with PP periods? (Weird request right?)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My first PP period? (TMI)

• Mind sounds very similar to what you're describing. I had some very light (in frequency) spotting for a day or two that turned into normal, red bleeding. It lasted for 5 days (the same amount of days as my pre-pregnancy periods did) but I didn't have any of the other symptoms, cramping, headaches, achiness etc. I have heard that pp periods can be different than ones before pregnancy. Hopefully that's the case with you!
  • Are you bf? 

With DD, I stopped bleeding around three weeks then had a few days of bleeding around 5-6 weeks but it ended up being just pp bleeding rearing is ugly head. I didn't end up getting my period until 19 months post partum.  

• Loading the player...
  • If you are BFing, it's unlikely your period. With DD I didn't get my first pp period until she was 9m old.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• imagesunnyday016:
    If you are BFing, it's unlikely your period. With DD I didn't get my first pp period until she was 9m old.

Maybe unlikely, but definitely still possible. I am EBFing around the clock and still got mine 1st pp period at 7 weeks. It sounds just like what you are experiencing too. Brown spotting for a couple days that turned redder and there was no mistaking it was my period by day 3. It just seems to happen sooner for some of us...sucks though:(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"