Adoption
Options

Social Security Number

I recently viewed a post regarding changing SSNs. The finalization of my beautiful boys' adoption was last year. I attempted to change my sons' social security numbers when the adoption was finalized and was told that I can not change them because they are receiving SS benefits from their deceased biological father. The biological mother has complete access to the numbers and our information since she was the primary beneficiary on the account. For safety reasons, I would like to have them changed, but am getting no where with the local social security office. Does anyone have any advice? 

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

Re: Social Security Number

• Options
    Contact your Congressman or Senator. Someone in their local office should be able to assist you or at least point you in the right direction.
    Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would start working up the chain of command at the SS office first.  If someone can't help you, ask to speak to their supervisor, and keep going upwards. Never accept the answer of "no"  Someone can help you, just have to reach the correct person! 

If that doesn't work, i like the idea of going to your local representatives office. They always have connections or leverage. Great idea!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If they are adopted you do have the right to have their SSN's changed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"