LGBT Parenting
Options

PCP/TTC/ATP

How's it going this week?  Share your joys and challenges.

QOTD: How did you know you were "ready" for kids? 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts

Re: PCP/TTC/ATP

• Options
    hlkehlke member

Well, it's late in the day, but I thought I'd start a post.

PCP: Project "get a job" is going pretty well, and once I have secured a job, finances will look a little more TTC friendly.  We're moving to a more permanent home once I find a job.  We're mostly looking at 2 bedrooms with den or 3 bedrooms (we need an office, hence the extra bedroom/den) so that we wouldn't have to move again before the theoretical baby comes.  Making decisions based on the theoretical baby makes me really nervous, like counting my eggs before they are hatched, literally.

TTC: We're on track for late April insemination.  C is definitely a little freaked out by the idea that she could soon be growing a tiny human inside her.  She keeps emphasizing that it could be SOON, and I keep trying to reign in my expectations and point out that it could also take a while.

QOTD: Well, this is a bit of a selfish QOTD.  I'm not sure we'll ever feel "ready" for kids.  Right now I think about how "kidless" our current lifestyle is and how much it will change.  But I think we're ready because we both want kids, we recognize how big a change it is going to be, we're both working on things that will help us accommodate those changes (work life balance for C, emotional health for me).  And we're also both so excited!

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options

i have free second I wanna PLAY ... I miss you BUMPIES>..

Week from hell maybe .. MONTH .. I dunno .. just feel TIGHT all round. TIGHT i say.

The girls are mobile crawling all over -now confined to BABY JAIL ( that is what we call it ) its fun to watch them play with each other well L likes to just sit on top of S ok more like PIN HER DOWN - we have the GLOW  gorgeous ladies of wrestling in our living room hourly.  Its entertaining for sure. They are so funny.

Working from home and the girls is getting a lil harder but the call center will be forwarded to a actual call center because it is getting busy !!!! Its been a challenge for sure. 

Joys- just waking up and seeing these girls makes everything bad go away - I hope that  feeling never goes away ... I am 8 months later still amazed that we have twin girls and that we just have children.  

the QOTD- so crazy Melanie and i were just talking about this.  How if we were with anyone else ( past girlfriends ) we prolly would not have a family and  how when we first met  we were not ready  but now we are.   I think that might be the difference for  same sex couples in comparison to Hetero as we have to plan every facet of this so you are ready in a sense - its no big surprise like hetero couples have maybe that is just my opinion. 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

All is normal in our house except that a few of us have colds and pink eye.

The girls mom confirmed today that she wants the girls to stay with us so now we wait 2 weeks until the next hearing and see who they go/stay? with. 

• Options

Life is pretty status quo. Grays bit the CRAP out of Carter 2x this week. Didn't we deal with that 5y ago? He gets frustrated and chomps. We are working on redirecting his emotions and figuring out another stress relief tactic. Never ends, huh?

We both knew we wanted kids - it was never a decision on whether or not to have kids - but when. We knew we needed to move out of Virginia due to their crazy a$$ laws, I wanted to finish grad school and get start a job, and L needed a FT job (vs being an independent contractor.) Once we got those things in place we started

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have concluded that our donor is a dud and I am pissed and bitter about it.  Minimum motile count for CCB is 10 mill; our two vials that were tested were 4.18 and 7.85.  Now that I know people have had vials at 20 mill I am pretty sure this guy just isn't a good donor.  It took a long time for him to have a reported pregnancy (almost a year) which I am convinced was IVF (I haven't asked CCB, not sure if they'd know or tell me but at this point it sort of doesn't matter).  I read posts on a CCB board from women who had used him for 3-6 cycles, some medicated, with no luck -- which is not damning on its own but certainly everything combined does not add up to anything good.  We have submitted the form requesting review of the lab results so that we can get refunded, and I am hoping they don't offer us a credit instead because I have reviewed their catalog and I am not thrilled about any of their other donors.  I don't want to throw a $1400 credit in the trash but I also don't want to compromise on a donor.  Trying not to worry about it until we know what they are offering.

I'm angry that we didn't go for a donor with reported pregnancies off the bat, or didn't at least change earlier, and I'm angry because I feel like the bank might have had an inkling that his swimmers sucked -- am I the only person who had the analysis done? -- and I'm kind of mad that we wasted 4 cycles at the midwife practice (even though I love the midwife practice) because they didn't do sperm analysis and so it took us 5-6 cycles to realize anything was wrong.  I feel that the other 4 vials that weren't tested were probably crappy too, and it makes me feel that this ENTIRE. PROCESS. was a complete and total waste.  A waste of time, and eggs, and emotional distress, and a lot of damn money.

We are taking the next cycle off to regroup and choose a new donor.  I'm not looking forward to it -- the month off or the process of choosing, which I found really difficult and which I'm now finding overwhelming -- but I think it's the best think for us to do.

I should say that I am halfway through a 2ww and could technically be pregnant, but the more we have learned about the sperm, the more any hope I had for this cycle has dwindled.  At this point I would be SHOCKED if I was pregnant -- and a little nervous about banking this guy for a sibling.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

ball.and.chain, ((((((((hugs))))))))

I'm sorry. 

• Options

Big news since last week was that my cycles started again--never been happier for CD1--and I feel like I'm out of limbo. Other than that, not much has changed though.

QOTD: I've felt ready for nearly a decade, but knew I also wanted to finish school. When I did and there was no ttc it was really hard. Now I'm waiting for C and some other logistics, but I getting less and less happy about it all. If things don't start progressing toward ttc soon, I'll need something big to keep me occupied or there may be some less-than-100%-practical choices being made.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetdmklm:

ball.and.chain, ((((((((hugs))))))))

I'm sorry. 

Thanks.

It does at least feel better to vent to people who get it.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

oh, WTF?! I had a big long reply all typed out and my browser ate it. grrrrr. so, the short version:

ball.and.chain I'm sorry.

my baby's OOT with my ILs and I miss him but won't get to see him until tomorrow after work. boo hoo, poor me.

IUI was Tuesday. wait wait wait wait wait. I can test on 4/13.

QOTD: I can't pinpoint when we knew we were ready, but we both always wanted kids. we took a little time to be married and to get things in place financially, then went for it.

• Options

QOTD: I don't think we feel ready, or will ever feel ready. We were just getting concerned about our ages, both b/c of biology and b/c we both think it's nice that our parents are still pretty young (mid-to-late 50s) and will be active grandparents. 

I'd love to have had another 10 years to hang out, travel and have adventures with just Jen :) And there are certainly things about myself that I would like to have worked on or fixed. That said, I can't wait to meet my babies :) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"