1st Trimester

Craving an Italian Grinder :(

When I was pregnant with my daughter 9 years ago, I ate an Italian grinder every day for lunch on a half loaf of Italian bread!!! I was so bummed with my doc said no deli meats!!!!

Re: Craving an Italian Grinder :(

• Get it toasted.

2 girls and a dog
  • that's what everyone said but I'm not into warm deli meats, especially salami! Guess I'll have to wait it out until Oct!
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with Heather, that should solve it.  Meanwhile, please do tell what an Italian Grinder is.  My doc has no issue with deli meats and that's a good thing b/c it's about the only food other than cereal I can stand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A grinder is just another word for sub, hoagie, whatever you call it.  It's a RI/CT thing.  Mmmm italian sub!  Sounds good to me.  My doctor also has no problem with lunch meats.
  • Eat it. the chances you would get sick are so tiny. I have eaten lunch meat and me and LO are fine.
  • Meh.

Buy good deli meats from a reputable place and you'll be fine.  There's no WAY I'm denying myself my italian grinder + peperoncinis cravings.  None. 

• I had subs ALL THE TIME while pregnant with DD...and she's perfect! The risk of listeria is pretty rare...it's more likely in packaged lunch meats like oscar meyer, etc, rather than fress cut meal like Boar's Head, etc.
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had a cold Italian sub for lunch last Friday, and it was one of the highlights of my week. :-)
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • imagelissasue3:
    And now I want a good Italian sub from Mike's in NJ.  I hate living in Virginia.

Which Mike's??? I'm curious if it's the same Mike's I've been to! :)

And to the OP...just do it. Everyone has to decide for themselves which of the warnings they are going to heed. But I'm an 'everything in moderation' kinda gal. Was that way with DD, will be that way this time around too.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Laughing at myself because at first when I read "Italian Grinder" i thought it was a fancy way to grind coffee, for like, an Italian Roast or something. 

had to remind myself that big yummy sammiches go by many monikers and in  other places, they are grinders.  My cousins think they are called hoagies.  Silly people.  They are subs.  Duh. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lol! I forgot everyone calls them different things in other areas. The doc said that bacterica called listeria can build up on the deli meats causing complications during pregnancy.

Listeria monocytogenes is a bacterium that can contaminate ready-to-eat foods like lunchmeat and soft cheeses. Listeria causes miscarriage and death.

So that little paragraph has me scared.

I was also told no hot dogs, certain tunas, and some other foods that are all found on the US FDA website.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"