Pre-School and Daycare
Options

what are squinkies?

We will all send stuffed eggs to school for an easter egg hunt for my oldest son and his class at a church based preschool.  i saw squinkies at target but did not have a clue what they were - they were toy story themed.  my son will be 4 in june - his classmates are the same age - would squinkies be a good idea for them for eggs? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what are squinkies?

• Options

They are annoying.  They are just tiny little rubber toys.  DS got some Cars ones for his birthday.  I still can't figure out their purpose other than to get lost all over my family room.  They are easily a choking hazard as PP said. 

I would probably not recommend them for your eggs.  Maybe put something like stickers in them instead?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imagesweetie645:

They are annoying.  They are just tiny little rubber toys.  DS got some Cars ones for his birthday.  I still can't figure out their purpose other than to get lost all over my family room.  They are easily a choking hazard as PP said. 

I would probably not recommend them for your eggs.  Maybe put something like stickers in them instead?

There is actually a Squinkies board game that we got as a gift last year and my girls love.  We only own 4 of them (as the person said very small rubber things with no purpose) and we keep them with the game but they are no different than any other figure type of thing just tiny.  I would use a small bouncy ball or temp tat or something like that.  Squikies are small.

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 4 1/2 year old nephew loves to play with them.  My 3 1/2 year old DS would eat them and ask for seconds.
  • Options
    They would probably love them.  My DD has a bunch and loves to play with them.
  • Options

Kids love them because they are tiny, just like we loved the Tiny Polly Pockets. DS has been asking for them for awhile now but I was worried with having a 15 month old in the house. We bought him the Toy Story ones for his Easter basket and I know he will be so excited!

As far as sending them to school idk. I know the kids would LOVE them because they are for that age group but some parents might not love their tiny size.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I thought of this post when I drove through McDs for a coffee. Squinkies are the toy in Happy Meals right now. So we will probably end up with some. :)
    Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"