Pregnant after 35
Options

41 and pregnant!!

I'm so shocked to be here.  Here is my story...I have a 13 and a 7 year old from a previous marriage.  I got remarried in 2008 to the love of my life and we were blessed with twin girls in April of 2010.  I really thought I was done...we weren't trying to get pregnant, but obviously didn't do enough to prevent one either.  I'm so scared about the over 40 factor.  Would love to hear from other Mom's in my shoes!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 41 and pregnant!!

• Options

I'm 40 but will be 41 in October.  We just had our third child in July and so this pregnancy comes as a bit of a suprise.  Okay, more than a bit.

The over 40 thing is a bit nerve racking but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options

Aw, your twins are darling in that picture!

Okay, admitting that I will be 40 when this second child is delivered!  We didn't expect to have another one but one thing I will say is that I have gotten tons of attention from my doctor this time and I have tons of sonogram pictures.   

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! I love both pictures in your sig. I can't comment on the age. But I still wanted to congratulate you!
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm in the same boat, although this will be our third child and not our fifth!! When are you due?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am 40 and will be 41 when this lo arrives.  I was 38 when I had my first and got pg again late last summer, but lost that lo.  I hope this is a take home baby. 

I really am not that concerned about being 40.  I know my eggs are considered old, but I got pg really quickly (3rd month trying post loss), so I figure they must be pretty healthy and DH is 10y younger, so his swimmers should be in good shape.  I really figure, no sense worrying about the age thing, til the dr tells me its something to worry about.  I am just going to try to be as positive as possible, take as good care of myself as I can and hope for the best.  That's really all you can do.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!! You're in good company!

• Options

I am 41 and pregnant too (will be 42 about two months after DS is born).  Thankfully, I have had a pretty easy pregnancy...totally by the book.  No problems with GD or pre-e, only had m/s in the first tri, dealing with the usual aches and pains and difficulty sleeping, but can't wait to hold my precious boy in a couple of months.

It is scary to be in the situation at this age (this is my first), but I've always figured that my baby would come at the perfect moment...that is God's plan.  So this time of my life is just the right time for my son to enter our lives.  Our lives aren't perfect by any means, but any other time just wouldn't be right.

-Michele Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm due 12/5...how about you?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 42 and in shock! My oldest is 20 and my youngest is 7. This will be my fourth. I went through 8 years of infertility to conceive #2 and adopted #3. To say I am shocked is an understatement, lol.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Im 42 and expecting twin boys in july ! I have a 12 year old son who is not exactly thrilled about having to share me with 2 babies (mommas boy ) ! Lol GL and congrats !
  • Options

imagecharteachs:
    I'm due 12/5...how about you?

First time pregnant at 41, will be 42 by the time the baby arrives. My due date is 12/3! :)

Nervous as well at being over 40, but like other posters have stated I am trying to just be happy, healthly and positive about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"