Birth Stories
Options

31 week delivery of twins!

On Friday my bp was up to 140/79 at my dr's appt. My dr wasn't overly concerned since it had been normal up to this point, but he wanted to keep an eye on it. Saturday morning I lost part of my mucus plug. All weekend my bp was bouncing around, I spent the whole weekend in bed. I felt pretty crappy but the bp never got high enough to actually call the dr and I knew you could lose your plug months before labor ever started.

Sunday night I couldn't sleep, I kept having these crazy dreams about having the babies early. Monday morning I started having some contractions. My husband wanted me to stay home and rest but I swore I had to take DD to school. I knew when I called my dr he would at least send me to labor and delivery.The dr himself called me back and said go to the hospital as soon as I could. He wanted me to get monitored and swabbed to check for preterm labor.

DH was in school, I left a message telling him I was going to get checked but I didn't think he needed to worry too much. They discovered I was in pre term labor, was 100% effaced and fingertip dilated (I'd been that dilated for 4 weeks, but not effaced) and started a magnesium drip to stop the contractions and stop labor. They admitted me for bed rest, the dr assumed I'd be there for at least a few days to see what happened.

I had a u/s to check weights, I kept having to stop to either throw up from the magnesium or get through a contraction. The contractions were getting worse and closer together. They checked me again and I was at 5cm, less then 2 hours into the magnesium drip. DH called and said he was on his way. The dr checked me again and I was 6cm. I called DH and he was 30 minutes away. The dr said he'd try to hold off the c-sec till then.

My contractions got worse. They put a cath in, I still had no pain meds and that hurt like a mother f'r. The dr didn't want to let me get my spinal till the last minute so he wouldn't slow anything in the babies. I felt like I was in the excorcist. I was rising off the bed, thought I would break the handles on the side and I was waiting for the pea soup to spew out. DH was just standing next to me. I snapped at him for that. He offered to go find the dr for the spinal, I snapped at him for that. He offered his hand to squeeze and I said no!!! why are you being stupid?!?! luckily he forgave me all of that. How I got through a five day labor with dd without ever insulting him I don't know. This was a few hours of super intensity and I was a snot. Glad we can laugh about it now!

They did the spinal between contractions (major points to that ansthesia team). C sec went well. Baby A -Harrison Thomas was born at 4:56pm, 3lb 13 oz, 17 inches long. He had some trouble being intubated, but they got him on the ventilator. When the dr went for baby B-  I heard him ask, is that a foot or head? Turns out he was curled up in a ball and came out butt first. Baby B, Colin Gregory was born at 4:56 as well, he was 3lb 6oz, 16 inches.  He was easier to get on the ventilator. They took the boys away and DH followed to watch. The anesthesiologist leaned over and said "did you say there was a third?" haha funny man, that's not funny. Both boys are on low oxygen in the nicu, they got the cerfactin (sp?) to keep their lungs open and not sticking to themselves. the expect to be here until their due date (May 27th). They are doing "as expected for babies born at 31 weeks." 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: 31 week delivery of twins!

• Options
    Great story!! Congrats!!!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    Congratulations, Glad everyone is doing good!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great story, thanks for sharing!
    Me- 35 Dx endo; DH- 33 no probs.
    BFP#1 (totally a wonderful surprise)- 3/10/11. IUFD 6/25/11. 
    TTC since 8/2011.
    BFP#2- 11/1/11. EDD 7/6/12. Blighted ovum 12/1/11.

New OBGYN 12/2012- CD3 labs, SA, HSG normal. 
    First RE appt 1/16/2013. Unexplained infertility. Lap planned. 

12/2012- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN 
    1/2013- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN.

Lap 2/11/2013- Removed endo. 

3/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    4/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    5/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN

June 2013- Time for a new RE!

July 2013- We're in Shared Risk! Love my new RE!
    August 2013- IVF#1- 14 R, 11F, transferred 1 perfect blast, 5 day 5 frosties= BFN.
    Sept 2013- Let's get ready for FET October 7th ish!< transfer 2 embies 10/11/13.......BFP 10/18/13!!!!/div>

PAIF/SAIF and everyone is welcome. If I can make even one person's journey less painful, I will consider my experience here successful. Thank you to all for sharing their stories, the intimate details of their lives, their knowledge, and their hearts. I hope this experience changes me, always for the better.
  • Options
    Great story, glad everyone is doing well!

• Options
    Congratulations!
    imageimage
    Me(32) + DH(32) TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    RE consult Dec 2012, diagnosed with lean PCOS (didn't see that coming!)  medicated cycles 1 - 4 = BFN
    cycle 5 - metformin, femara 7.5mg, IUI #1, progesterone = BFP!!!
    beta #1 (13dpiui) 37, beta #2 (15dpiui) 104, u/s at 6w5d hb of 115
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"