Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Books to prepare LO for preschool/school...ideas??

I need help getting together books for DS to help prepare him for preschool.  DS has a few issues and separating from me is a big one.  DS will be three in a couple of weeks and will be starting preschool.  I found an awesome book called Meet Me At The Moon. https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/meet-me-at-the-moon-gianna-marino/1103634946 Kissing hands is the other book I found. If you have an ideas on books that help with separation of talk about preschool/school that would be awesome.  Thanks! 
April 2009

Re: Books to prepare LO for preschool/school...ideas??

• Options
    Llama Llama Misses Mama

• Options
    imagejanineb:

imageSpin313:
    Llama Llama Misses Mama

this! big hit in our house :) 

I "third" this! On DD1 first day I told her I would be back soon after she had lots of fun, just like in Llama Llama. Every day after she would tell me the same thing.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJune2007:
    imagejanineb:

imageSpin313:
    Llama Llama Misses Mama

this! big hit in our house :) 

I "third" this! On DD1 first day I told her I would be back soon after she had lots of fun, just like in Llama Llama. Every day after she would tell me the same thing.
    Thanks! I just read the book on Amazon an it is really awesome.  Perfect book for DS.  Thanks again! :)
    April 2009
  • Options

DS really liked Oh My Baby Little One (https://www.amazon.com/Oh-My-Baby-Little-One/dp/0152060316/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332437092&sr=1-1). It talks about how the mother and boy will be apart from each otherf or the day but their love will always be there.  Very sweet.

Others we read to help learn about preschool were Maisy Goes to Preschool and D.W. Goes to Preschool.  DS really liked reading those because they talk about what kids do at preschool all day.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageSusieQZ2:

DS really liked Oh My Baby Little One (https://www.amazon.com/Oh-My-Baby-Little-One/dp/0152060316/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332437092&sr=1-1). It talks about how the mother and boy will be apart from each otherf or the day but their love will always be there.  Very sweet.

Others we read to help learn about preschool were Maisy Goes to Preschool and D.W. Goes to Preschool.  DS really liked reading those because they talk about what kids do at preschool all day.

Thank you! I was looking for a few more titles.  :) You are awesome.  
    April 2009
  • Options
    We read Kissing Hands.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    there is a cute Little Critter -- school prep book. Of course I am blanking on the name
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am a preschool teacher and like to read "DW's Guide to Preschool" to the kids. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also read my girls Llama Llama Misses Mamma. I checked the book out of the library in August last year and read it to the whole month to prepare them for starting school in September. It helped a lot with the transition to starting school.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My DS also has a hard time separating and I am feeling the need to prep him for possibly going to PreK in the fall.

We have the Llama book and we love it, but it kinda gets DS nervous too, when the llama is sad. :( 

Thanks for the ideas moms!

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageVTbride05:

My DS also has a hard time separating and I am feeling the need to prep him for possibly going to PreK in the fall.

We have the Llama book and we love it, but it kinda gets DS nervous too, when the llama is sad. :( 

Thanks for the ideas moms!

Yes, thank you everyone! I ordered and picked up books from the library that seem really helpful so far.

VTbride05- The one good thing about a book like Llama talking about little Llama feeling sad is it helps LOs understand what they are feeling.  It also helps them later to help explain/express what they are feeling.  So I think books that express what they are feeling is a good thing.  Good luck with preschool! DS is going in a couple of weeks and has a terrible time separating too.   

April 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"