Preemies
Options

is teething even a possibility right now?

So my LO isn't crying so much but has started to get more saliva lately and is a lil fussy I know teething can start at 4 months but with the whoel adjuted age I was n't really expecting it for another 2 months.

I will be calling his dr, but just wanted to know if any of you ladies had experience with that.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

Re: is teething even a possibility right now?

• Options
    According to our pedi, one of my guys has been exhibiting "teething behavior" since he was 4 months actual.  Still no teeth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My DD started all of that around the age of your LO and I think it was more "discovery" with her mouth than anything else. She just had 2 teeth pop through at exactly 9 months actual (6 adjusted). Her sleeping started to become CRAP for about a month before the tooth came through but I didn't notice anything else out of the ordinary- not even gum swelling. HTH! Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS was born at 35 weeks and he started showing signs of teething at 4 months and actually cut his two bottom teeth at 5 months!  He was this itty bitty baby with these two little teeth, it was really funny!  So I guess it is possible!
  • Options
    DD has a tooth already! It came in around 8 weeks actual. She is starting to show signs of teething.
  • Options
    Our DD started showing signs of teething at almost 4 months old and 1 month adjusted.  Yup, she's teething and she will do things at her own pace and that's what a preemie baby is all about!  Our pediatrician was really taken back when we told him she was teething back before Thanksgiving.  He was like there is NO WAY she's teething so soon.  But she is!  lol
    Olivia Madison born July 27th, 2011 at 27w6d at 10:44pm 1lb 11oz 13 1/2 inches delivered c-section due to Severe Preeclampsia and PIH
  • Options
    My LO born at 35 weeks had two bottom teeth before he was 6.5 months so about 5 months adjusted age. I swore he was teething since birth lol always had something in his mouth, his fingers a toy. And sure enough one right after the other they popped up. It was accompanies by lots of drool and no desire to eat, we went through many tough weeks of eating less than hald his normal intake, but now those little things are sharp and so cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"