Pre-School and Daycare

I'm embarrassed over DD's behavior this a.m.

DD was grumpy during drop-off this a.m. She will be going to bed earlier tonight. Occasionally, she will act out and not want me to leave. However, this a.m, she smacked me across the face in front of several teachers, another parent and children. Immediately, we practiced time-out and I explained why her behavior was wrong. I was slightly embarrassed but it wasn't until we returned from time-out and the grown-ups were still talking about it and DD threw another tantrum crying on the floor that I realized it's going to be a tough day for me too.

*hangs head in shame*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm embarrassed over DD's behavior this a.m.

• KL777KL777 member

Sorry to hear that!  Rough morning!  Yes, children getting enough sleep is a good aid in curing morning grumpiness.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• ugh - yeah, I'd be embarrassed too.  Good for you for keeping it together though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you had such a rough morning..  Sounds like you handled it as well as you could... and you know what contributed to it, so tonight you get her to bed a little earlier.

I'd be annoyed the other grownups were discussing it (unless I asked for their input).  Are their children always angels??  I doubt it.  As parents, I think it's hard to accept that we don't always have 100% control over our kids behavior- they're their own little people, they're not puppets.  You did the best you could.  You have nothing to be ashamed about, momma. =)

• imageSuern9870:

I'm sorry you had such a rough morning..  Sounds like you handled it as well as you could... and you know what contributed to it, so tonight you get her to bed a little earlier.

I'd be annoyed the other grownups were discussing it (unless I asked for their input).  Are their children always angels??  I doubt it.  As parents, I think it's hard to accept that we don't always have 100% control over our kids behavior- they're their own little people, they're not puppets.  You did the best you could.  You have nothing to be ashamed about, momma. =)

Well said!  Sounds like you did great.  I know it's hard to have a tough morning.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As a daycare teacher myself, I'm proud of you for "being the parent" in that situation.  You would be surprised on how many kids treat their parents like dirt, cause the parents do not want to discipline their child in front of the teacher, other children or parents. I hope your day goes better and just remember they still love you no matter what they say or do to you. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds like a rough day.  Hopefully you can enjoy an adult beverage after her bedtime.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"