Pre-School and Daycare

Re post. Eatser egg hunt Question

What do you put in your LOs plastic Easter eggs for the hunt!? I have a almost 4 year old and a 15 month old and the last thing I want to do is fill a bunch of eggs with a ton of candy. In fact we aren't giving them any candy in their baskets because we know that the Grandparents baskets will be filled with chocolate. And trust me they get enough sugar. So would it be wrong to put nothing in them and let them search for the eggs as is? I mean I doubt they would even know. I guess I could fill them with gold fish or something but that just seems messy. I just think at this age its a little much. If you have any ideas please share!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Re post. Eatser egg hunt Question

• stickers

tatoos

squinkies (not the 15 mo old)

trinkets (play necklaces, rings, etc)

i do some jelly beans, give them a few, and I eat the rest after bedtime : )

We don't do choc in Texas...melts quickly...

or you can just do real eggs that we dye (we do that too), the fun is just finding the eggs...if they don't know any better, I am sure you can get away with empty eggs.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just dye real eggs and avoid the problem altogether! Or put tokens in they can redeem for toys, games, books, etc. money for their piggy banks
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My Aunt and Uncle always did money anywhere from a nickle up to a $1 in each egg.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks I love the sticker and coin idea. They are both things DS loves.
  • CD+ALCD+AL member
    Last year, I did a few with candy (like one Starburst/egg or 3-4 tiny jellybeans/egg), but mostly I did small toys from $Tree and some small cars that I found that fit inside some of my slightly bigger eggs.  I did some with pennies, nickles and dimes for DS' piggy bank too, and that was a hit.  He even wanted to take us all out for ice cream later...very cute and sweet.

• I do a little bit of everything - some goldfish/pretzels, some jewelry/nailpolish/chap stick, a little candy - m&m's, starbursts.  I may put a little money in there this year too!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We've done matchbox cars (have to be smaller sized cars), tattoos, puzzle pieces (Mellisa and Doug wooden puzzle set for 3+) and we're probably going to do some loose change this year.
  • The micro match box cars is a great idea! DS loves those!
  • imageDBride2006:
    Just dye real eggs and avoid the problem altogether! Or put tokens in they can redeem for toys, games, books, etc. money for their piggy banks

This is what we do.  We do put $$ in one egg...we call that the grand Prize Egg!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"