Adoption

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go!

We have J's visa, and are booked on a 10:30 a.m. flight home tomorrow!

I am so ecstatic that we didn't have to spend the whole weekend here, looking for ways to while away the days.  We have very few toys or crafts here, and the pool, errands, and mealtimes can only get us so far.

We've enjoyed our time here immensely.  The food is to die for, the people are the best, and the culture runs deep.  There are lots of great things to see and do with kids.  But now, it's time for us to go home.  We miss the other half of our family, and J is so excited to go "to the white house," as he refers to our home.  We're ready to start introducing him to his new life with us in the US.

J's been an absolute dream.  He's handled every detail superbly.  He's been the best behaved kid in the world, and really seems to "get" that we are his new family, forever.  He's so charming, and we were worried that might be a sign of him consistently looking for his next caregiver, but he firmly insists that we are his family, and that he wants to live with us, and even refuses our lawyer's joking requests to move in with him instead (and he loves our lawyer, we all do).  He's just so much fun, and I love him with my whole being.  I CANNOT wait to start the rest of our life together at home.

So, thank you, to everyone who's been there to support me through the tough times and listened to me rant and rave in good times and bad.  My heart is so full right now, and life is bliss.

My next challenge will be to help our agency get more matches for their waiting families and to help more of the wonderful, waiting children find their forever families.  Wish me luck!

Re: My bags are packed, I'm ready to go!

• CheleChele member
    Yay for coming home! Sending you positive vibes as you bring your family together!
    10/27/07
  • such a great post!

I am soo happy that things have finally moved forward. J is such a loved little boy! So blessed to have you as his forever family and to have M as his forever brother...so awesome. And you in turn are blessed with two handsome boys!

Please keep us posted. I love hearing the stories.

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Saying prayers for a safe and easy trip home and a smooth transition to a family of four!
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Congrats!!!  It's so touching to see such a happy ending to your long journey!
  • Your story warms my heart.  Congrats to you and your beautiful family!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What a great post to wake up to this gloomy Saturday morning.... 
    Still sending prayers as you travel home.  What a fantastic update!!!  And so thrilled to hear what a gem little J is!!!!
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Thats awesome!! I can feel your love for him in every word. Congrats.. And have a safe trip home.
    Me: 32, DH: 45... TTC #1 since May 2010
    July - Nov 2011: Testing with OB... OB said everything looks good
    March - Sept 2012: Moved to RE.. 4 treatment cycles - responses of one or no follicles
    09.03.12: Diagnosed Poor Ovarian Response.. DE IVF only option
    Feb - Nov 2012: Pursued Adoption. That door slammed shut.
    12.23.12: Surprise BFP (first ever)... 12.25 - 12.31: Natural M/C
  • So glad you have finally reached the end of this long journey. You have been an inspiration to me, as we have had a difficult journey as well. God bless you and your new family of 4!
    The waste in life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used and the selfish prudence that will risk nothing; and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. Mary Cholmondeley
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm so glad you get to come home sooner than expected!! Congrats again!
  • Godspeed and safe travels! Congrats, again, momma!
  • I'm so very happy for you all.  This is the best news I've read today.  :-)  Check in when you are back and getting acclimated as a family of FOUR!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • That must be so exciting- congratulations!! Have a safe trip home!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • so glad to hear your family will be reunited soon.
  • It's posts like these that keep me going when the process hits a stand still.  I am so excited for your family!!!

5/10 - Gideon 6/12 Warren
    4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/12 Found out we are licensed! 12/14 Brought 3 week old identical twin girls home from the hospital.  Could be at least until Summer 1015 til we know if they are forever ours
  • So happy for your family to be re-united!  Congratulations!
    Our Blog - http://thedittemores.blogspot.com/
    Dx PCOS 2003/high fasting insulin/clotting issues DH Dx with low sperm count, motility and morphology. Varicocele repair (11/1/2010)
    2/2011 - Confirmed no improvement - On to Donor Sperm
    4 failed IUIs in 2010
    IUI#5 and 6- with DS, BFN
    Final IUI - Lucky #7! IUI with DS - 20.Jun.2011 - 21.5 mil motile! Not so lucky - BFFN and the end of our IF journey....
    Waiting for our family to be complete through Adoption - May 2012 - Hoping our baby finds us soon!
  • I've been lurking over here a bit since adoption is in our future and have read a lot of your posts. Congratulations on finally getting to go home with your little boy!!! I hope he adjusts to U.S. life quickly. Safe travels!
    New to 3T? Check out this website first:
    TroubleTTC

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end --Semisonic

**TTC since 04/09, C/P 02/02/10; 4 weeks, 3 days**
    **Dx: Anovulation, Hypothryroidism, Mild Endo, Pituitary Adenoma (prolactin issues), PAI-1, MFI **

**7/10: Clomid + TI= BFN**
    **3/2/11: 1st RE appointment**
    **DH= Morph= 2%, Motility= 30%**
    **HSG= All clear!!**
    **3/11: Femara + Pregnyl + TI= BFN**
    **5/17/11: Laparoscopy / hysteroscopy = mild endo**
    **7/11: Novarel + IUI #1= BFN (7mil, 75% motility, 2% morph)**
    **8/11: Femara + Novarel + IUI #2= BFN (11mil, 35% motility, 1% morph)**
    **11/11: Femara + Novarel + IUI #3= BFN (9mil, 2% morph)**
    **Jan 2012: Follistim (75ius) + IUI #4= CANCELLED due to cyst -put on bcp**
    **Feb 2012: Follistim (75ius) + Novarel + IUI #4.2= BFFN (2.5mil, 13% motility, 1% morph)**
    **Mar 2012: Follistim (100ius) + IUI #5= CANCELLED due to 35mm & 14mm cysts**
    **On med break indefinitely...IF Sucks!**

**Jan 2013: Follistim (100ius) + IUI #5.2= CANCELLED due to high prolactin level, MRI scheduled, pituitary adenoma found, put on Dostinex**
    **Mar 2013: Follistim (100ius) + IUI #5.3= CANCELLED due to uterine polyp, surgery scheduled for polypectomy and D&C**
    **03/22/13: Hysteroscopy, polypectomy and D&C**
    **May 2013: Finally got to start a cycle!!! Follistim (100ius) + IUI #5.4 = BFFN (6mil, 74% motility, 2% morph)** 

**Jun 2013: Decide to start IVF**
    IVF w/ICSI #1 (Long Lupron Protocol)
    06/26/13: Start BCPs
    07/02/13: HSG #2= all clear
    07/15/13: Start Lupron 10 ius
    07/25/13: Suppression check
    07/28/13: Start stims (225IUs Follistim + 75IUs Menopur) drop to 5 IUs Lupron
    08/01/13: Monitoring: 12 follicles all about 10mm, E2- 313
    08/04/13: Monitoring: 18 follicles (15mm, 13mm, a few 11mm, rest 10mm or below) E2- 1,505
    Start Augmentin- antibiotic prep
    08/06/13: Monitoring: 13 follicles (18mm, 17mm, rest b/w 15mm-16mm!) Ready to trigger!! E2- 2,248
    08/08/13: ER-- 14R, 13M, 10F 
    08/11/13: One fertilized late, we now have 11 embryos!
    08/13/13: 5dt-- 2 blasts (Sheldon and Penny) 3AA and 3BB, none to freeze
    8/23/13: BFFN... Sheldon and Penny didn't stick**

**8/29/13: Follow up... bad fragmentation issues. Changing protocol to Antagonist for round #2 coming soon! Also started on 81mg Aspirin after getting blood panel done and found out I have PAI-1**

**Oct 2013: After large cysts, finally starting IVF #2**
    IVF w/ICSI #2 (Antagonist Protocol)
    BCPs started back in Sept due to cysts
    10/27/13: Start stims (225 IUs Gonal-F + 75 IUs Menopur)
    11/03/13 - 11/05/13: Add Ganirelix to the mix
    11/06/13: 3 follicles at 18mm-- Ready to trigger!
    11/08/13: ER-- 17R, 13M, 8F
    11/13/13: 5dt-- 2 blasts (Luke and Leia) 5AB and 4AB, 1 frostie
    11/20/13- 11/23/13: light positives on FRERs and Wondofos
    11/22/13: BFN per RE office (under HCG of 10)
    11/27/13: CP ::sigh::

*12/03/13: Follow up...great response and quality this time, was given 50% chance of it working, just didn't stick. Great plan for 2014! 

**Jan 2014: Last IVF of our SRP**
    IVF w/ICSI, freeze all, then FET
    12/27/13: Start BCPs
    01/19/14: Stims (375 IUs Gonal-F + 75 IUs Menopur)

Congratulations Cutebride!! --TWINS!! Congratulations, Luvie, on your sweet boy! Congrats, Jess! So happy for you ladies! <3<3  
    ~~Also best of luck to Kati, illinigal, and youngin!~~

*S/PAIFW*

• Home w/ all your boys sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I hope that you all continue to bond and adjust! Congrats on your growing family! :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers ***DS 08/27/05***DS 07/08/08***DS 03/22/10***DD 11/20/11**** M/C 09/04/04 M/C 11/15/04 M/C molar pregnancy lost twins second tri 05/14/07 M/C 09/29/07 M/C 02/21/11
  • I love everything about this post.  God bless your family!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"