Adoption

Homestudy tomorrow- advice?

Hey ladies! We have our foster/adoption homestudy tomorrow and I am looking for any tips, thing syou wish you had done but forgot, things you wish you had but didnt... the whole works! Any advice you can spare would be much appreciated! Thanks and GL
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Homestudy tomorrow- advice?

• I don't have any real advice except to try to relax, When I had mine, I felt as though my house had to be perfect and in reality that isn't what they are looking for.  Just be yourself and show them how great of a parent you will be and what you have to offer a child.  You should do just fine.  best of luck.
  • Relax... it's much easier than you would imagine!  And remember that any deficicies aren't reasons you can't fost/adopt.  Rather they are areas you need to correct first for safety.  Have fun...
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both! Thanks to this forum I have allowed myself not to stress too much about every single thing being dusted, etc... we just moved and most everything looks great but what isn't quite done... they are just going to have to accept or come back when its finished I guess...
  • It is really not nearly as scary as I originally thought.  She made sure we had smoke detectors and fire extinguishers, and that our cleaning products and alcohol were out of a child's reach.   
  • kekiskekis member
    Relax and be yourselves.  I didn't overprepare by any means, but our CW didn't even check the few things I did!  (fire extinguishers, smoke detectors working, made cookies, etc.)
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemommytoconnor:
    I don't have any real advice except to try to relax, When I had mine, I felt as though my house had to be perfect and in reality that isn't what they are looking for.  Just be yourself and show them how great of a parent you will be and what you have to offer a child.  You should do just fine.  best of luck.

This... I was totally freaked out for ours and it wasn't scary at all. You will do great! 

Unable to conceive due to emergency hysterectomy 11/04 Started our adoption journey 4/11 9/29/11- Officially waiting! 5/29/12- Our little boy is born and goes home with us the next day :-)
  • Thank you all for the support... It's a little after 2am here and I am still up because I have two cribs I need to put together or I will never get any sleep. The funny thing is that I know they don't have to be put together for us to get licensed but I feel like they will have more assurances that we are capable if I can show them that I am ready for the call... or they can just bring a kid with them... since they are on their way and all... j/k I figure if I can just get the cribs, swing, exersaucer, put together, and clothing bins put in our closet, I should be pretty much done... That should only take.... like three hours? Maybe four? I hope sleep deprivation doesn't count against you in the home study! LMFAO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"