Adoption
Options

Waiting is so difficult...

DH and I were matched with a sibling group of 3 (ages 6, 3 and 1) a couple weeks ago. The fathers' rights have been terminated and the mother's hearing is Monday. They believe her rights will be terminated then. If so, we get to begin visitations with the kids! We're trying not to get too excited at this point because it's so early and even if mom's rights are terminated, family members could start coming forward. They sent us pictures of the kids yesterday and they're all adorable. But, even though I've been trying to mentally prepare myself for three kids over the past couple weeks, seeing their pictures kind of made them more real and it did make me panic a little. I'm hoping that's normal. The waiting is just so difficult!

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.

Re: Waiting is so difficult...

• Options

It really is! I'm jealous that the termination hearing is so close. Our situation is a little different than yours. We're hoping to adopt two little girls currently being fostered by a family member. We've been seeing them regularly and we already know that there aren't any family members to step forward. But we're still waiting for the final termination hearing to be scheduled. Plus our homestudy still hasn't been done. It's driving me crazy! 

It's totally normal to panic a little. The thought of 4 kids scared the heck out of us at first but we've gradually grown comfortable with it over the last 6 months. Good Luck with your journey. I can't wait to hear updates.

Mommy to DS#1 7/1/04 and DS#2 6/15/07
    M/C 2/16/10 at 9wks 5 days~ D&C 2/18/10
    BFP#4 5/17/11 C/P.    
    BFP#5 11/30/12 Surprise! DS#3 born 7/29/13

• Options
    I think I'm jealous you know there aren't any family members to step forward. We're pretty sure mom's rights will be terminated so our big fear are other family members. Only the grandmother has come forward so far but I think their GAL has said absolutely no to that. But their worker is afraid other family members may be waiting to see if her rights are actually terminated before coming forward. We hope that's not the case!

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm surprised they didn't do the search beforehand. In our case, the rights wouldn't have been terminated if they could have found a family member willing to be a permanent guardian. There were a few people who stepped forward, just no one that could pass the background checks. I have my fingers crossed for you Smile

Mommy to DS#1 7/1/04 and DS#2 6/15/07
    M/C 2/16/10 at 9wks 5 days~ D&C 2/18/10
    BFP#4 5/17/11 C/P.    
    BFP#5 11/30/12 Surprise! DS#3 born 7/29/13

• Options
    how exciting... i will hope for some fast moving days for you... gl
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So exciting and yet so scary too! Just remember that if it's meant to be, then these will be your kids! Praying that you will feel peace and that the waiting time will be filled with things to keep you distracted from worrying. :)

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"