Pregnant after a Loss

can constipation kill you?

Cause it might kill me! Lol. All of a sudden, yesterday and today have been HORRID. Tonight i have pain om my side from it. Other than water, stool softeners and fiber things, what can I do tomorrow to get things......going? Lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: can constipation kill you?

• CnAnACnAnA member
    oh that sucks a lot. :(  Prunes/prune juice or Activia?  I've heard great things about the Metamucil cookie wafer things, too!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • imagemrs.ike:
    oh that sucks a lot. :(  Prunes/prune juice or Activia?  I've heard great things about the Metamucil cookie wafer things, too!
    those are what i am getting tomorrow. I had two bowls of Quaker Squares since they have 19% fiber in them (5g or mg, whichever, per bowl) in hopes of jump starting it.
  • Loading the player...
  • CnAnACnAnA member

imagenoah-bear:
    imagemrs.ike:
    those are what i am getting tomorrow. I had two bowls of Quaker Squares since they have 19% fiber in them (5g or mg, whichever, per bowl) in hopes of jump starting it.

Honey Nut Cheerios are kind of amazing for me, too.  I haven't neared death by constipation though, so you may be past their magical powers. ;)  And oddly enough, Dreamfields brand pasta has a relatively high fiber content (for pasta) and I seem to be less miserable when I eat them.  Good luck!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • I know it's a fiber thing, but eating a bowl of Kellog's raise bran every morning has helped me stay more regular.  Because of the iron supplement I was only going once a week.  
  • Miralax, warm Apple juice, black coffee
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If you can die I was almost there with last pregnancy! I was taking Zoloft and didn't realize that was a side effect. I literally was getting ready to dial 911. 

Miralax is always my go to. Hope something works quickly for you! 

• Idk why but I find it easier to go when I drink a lot of juices like apple or OJ.
  • I agree with what PP said.....and once you get this cleared up, stay on a diet high in fiber! I had it real bad for about a month or so, I finally figured out that the only way that I could avoid it is if I made sure I ate at least 4-5 good fruits and veggies (like fresh stuff). Ever since then I've been watching what I've been eating and making sure to get that kind of stuff in every day and I haven't had a problem with it since!
  • The only other thing I can add to PP is a little bit of anxiety. Horrible advice and no one needs more anxiety than pgal-ers... But when I'm laying in bed in the morning trying to sleep that last 30 min or so and my brain starts over thinking things and getting excited or nervous or anxious, then I tend to have some bathroom problems. Usually I totally hate that this happens.., but this week I'm so happy for it bc it helps with my back up!
    Ellia33_zps24161a44

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
  • Fiber One products are fricken amazing. And they work relatively quickly. I was partially constipated yesterday (I can explain what that means if anybody REALLY wants to know), and within 2 hours of eating a Fiber One brownie, I was good.

IMG_2014
  • Thanks all! I am on glass 2 of apple juice, brewing a small cup of black coffee and had some more of the cereal. I'll go out in a bit to get some fiber wafers and stool softeners.

I'm reluctant to do the Fiber One bars because last time I ate one (at the height of m/s) I threw it up an hour later in Panera. Lol 

• Ask if you can take magnesium citrate. It's in a glass bottle at the pharmacy, OTC. That will CLEAR you out for sure! I have used it in the beginning of all of my pregnancies at least once.
  • Oh man... I've had some killer pains on my side from constipation... some of my remedies are gone due to GD (high fiber cereal, oatmeal, juices) but i have tried the fiber one brownie, a cup of decaf, lots of water, going for a walk helps a little, and I'll be turning back to metamucil.  GL!!   Hope your all good soon.
  • Fiber One bars helped me last pregnancy. I had one night with Alexander where I was pretty sure I was going to end up in the hospital it hurt so bad. I'm sorry you're hurting! This little guy is giving you such a run for your money this pregnancy! 
  • I've found that alternating hot and cold liquids does the trick for me when I get desperate.  I will make a cup of tea and alternate sipping that and ice water.  Seems to shock the system or something! 
  • Fiber One bars give me horrid gas pains. :(  I swore by Wendy's Frosty shakes to get me through 1st tri.  For some reason that faux dairy just goes right through me. 

Miralax is also the bomb diggity.

Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • One more trick--hot water with the juice of a lemon in it. I don't know why, but I read about it in my last pregnancy and it works for me. Good luck!
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Eat a lot of fiber and drink a lot of prune juice lol!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • I eat a bowl of bran flakes before bed at night, tons of water and when I am desperate a cup of coffee in the morning. My friend had to use enemas through her pregnancy but swore by them when nothing else worked. Good luck.
  • If you are in a public restroom watching your 21 month toddler, and your toddler is turning into a toilet paper nazi because you have constipation and cannot go any faster--it can kill you and humilate you as a pregnant woman. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • I've been doing prunes and Uncle Sam's cereal (not at the same time). It has sort of helped get things moving but doesn't always totally resolve.
  • I have this problem every few weeks. & when it comes, it is HORRID. 

I've resorted to drinking twice the water I should. that seems to have helped a bit. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"