Adoption
Options

Best fundraisers

What fundraisers have you found to be the best? I have two Etsy shops, I am making and selling peanut butter eggs for Easter, and DH and I are trying to decide on a meal fundraiser (spaghetti dinner, pancake breakfast, sub sandwiches, etc). What worked best for you?

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

Re: Best fundraisers

• Options

We did not do any fundraisers but I do fundraise in my professional life. 

IMO, the best way to get people to be generous is by allowing them to share in your journey somehow.  For example, if you have a breakfast, make it loud and clear the messaging that has moved you to adoption. Share stories and pictures.

People give because they want to be part of something bigger.

Selling items will raise a little money but not the thousands you are most likely seeking.

I have also seen a few successful blog fundraisers where people make donations to be entered into a raffle.  (With any raffle, please check state laws.  Raffle can be considered gambling and has strict laws.)

If, by chance, you are adopting a Waiting Child, then your story will be strong and selling that story may change the game.  People are passionate about helping those in need (the Waiting Child).

Good luck.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    Mrs. Bunny said it well. That being said, we just had a garage sale (a lot of our friends donated to) and raised $1,100. I mean, it won't cover everything, but that's a lot of money!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"