Adoption

Introduction :)

Hi, ladies!

DH and I are just beginning to look into domestic infant adoption (gathering info about agencies, starting to raise money, going to intro meetings, etc.), so I wanted to introduce myself to all of you!

I always knew I wanted to adopt from the time I was little, so I'm really excited to get the process started. Most people seem pretty excited for us to get started, although we get some slightly negative responses from people who think that adoption is only for people who have fertility issues (which we don't... or didn't, anyway, the first time around). It seems like the majority of the ladies I've seen here from my time as a lurker have decided to move forward with adoption after loss or struggles with infertility. Are there any other ladies out there who are moving forward with adoption because it was the original plan? (I hope this isn't weird; I don't want to upset anyone. Just curious.)

Ok, I'm rambling. Just wanted to say hi! I'm sure I'll be popping in from time to time with questions and to check in on all of you! So excited!

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

Re: Introduction :)

• Like you both DH and I both have always known we wanted to adopt.  DH came from a big family with 7 adopted siblings (plus 3 biological siblings) and I have done a lot of work with children and adoption.  We tried IF treatments first as we would like to have a child through pregnancy but we matched and now here we are with our 2 month old little boy.  We still talk of trying for children again through IF treatments but we plan to adopt again as well.

Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome to the board, we decided to persue adoption due to infertility issues.
  • Loading the player...
  • Adoption was always part of our plan too!  We wanted to have 2 bio kids and then adopt, however we TTC for a year with no success; so we switched our plan around. We are adopting first and then going to start fertility treatments. 

Welcome!

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • We have talked about it since before we were married. Since we have two bio children, we have had a few people make comments, espcially when we talk about the cost or fundraising. We tell them it's about more than just adding to our family and more than the money. The truly stupid comments have been kept to a minimum. : ) 

I think people mean well. They are just concerned with the unknown and, let's face it, EVERYONE has heard an adoption story that ended poorly. We focus on the positive. 

Good luck! You're in the right place. THe women here are amazing.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Hi and welcome!  

I've always known adoption was the way I would become a parent, but we still went the TTC path for a while.  After a few losses, we did all the requisite RE visits and initial tests but when it came time to start protocols, I just couldn't do it.  I'm certain that if we'd really really desperately wanted to, we could have had a biological child.

But, as soon as we started down the adoption path, everything got so much easier!  (not that it's easy to adopt, but everything started falling in place to make it happen)  DH and I had talked about adoption way back before we were even considering marriage and it just took a while for us to recall that, hey, this has always been on the table for us.   

I never totally considered us IF (more of in an in-between no-man's land).  I think we would have eventually ended up adopting even if it hadn't taken m/cs to get us to this point.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the welcomes! I'm excited to get started and to watch all of your stories progress too!

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• We originally planned on having 3 bio kids then waiting till our youngest was around 10 to start doing foster care and possibly foster/adopt. We had the first 2 and then had no success with baby no. 3. We had just starting to talk about moving our timetable up when a family member of DH's called and asked us to consider adopting 2 little girls they were fostering. We already knew and loved the girls and it seemed like a perfect fit so we started moving forward.

Mommy to DS#1 7/1/04 and DS#2 6/15/07
    M/C 2/16/10 at 9wks 5 days~ D&C 2/18/10
    BFP#4 5/17/11 C/P.    
    BFP#5 11/30/12 Surprise! DS#3 born 7/29/13

• Adoption has always been on our hearts and I thought it was our path while we struggled with infertility. But, we conceived our girls through IUI. We are now pursing special needs international adoption because we still believe strongly in adoption and have the means to support another child.

I'm pretty new to this board too, but I'll still say welcome! :)

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome! I'm mostly a lurker yet, as we're also very early in the learning stages. I have always been drawn to adoption and several life experiences in my teens and early 20s confirmed that I someday wanted to adopt. Hubby and I always talked about adopting "someday"...and that time is near! We have 3 biological sons and are pursuing adoption as a way to add a daughter to our family.
    Married to Corey Oct 05
    M/C at 11w4d April 06
    Braden Cooper born March 07
    Keegan Riley born Nov 08
    Caleb Zachary born May 11
    Hoping to adopt a daughter in the next few years!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"