2nd Trimester

Negative NT Scan, Positive Quad ??? XP from July

I hate these tests!  I receieved a 1:500 result for Downs at my NT Scan, which made me feel pretty good (I am 36).  I just had my anatomy scan and Quad Test bloodwork on Thursday, and that came back at 1:14! 

Has anyone had this happen?  My doctor did say that the NT Scan is considered more accurate.  Also, there has been a 6-day discrepancy with my due date.  I am actually 6 days less pregnant that my doctor has me listed as.  She is going to re-run the test with my due date.  She seemed to think that could make a substantial difference with the results.  Ugh...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Negative NT Scan, Positive Quad ??? XP from July

• These tests are so stressful, I almost wonder if they are really worth it sometimes. I hope everything works out for you! I am sure once they enter the exact due date it will come out more favorable.
    ~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Was your AFP low? That is my guess based on your description. The biggest cause for abnormal AFP is a misdate of the pregnancy, so it sounds like your doctor's intuition is right on. Hang in there! DS had high AFP on our first test and retest and we had zero dating questions (IUI). Our anatomy scan showed a healthy little boy, and he was born perfectly healthy.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepixieprincss:
    Was your AFP low? That is my guess based on your description. The biggest cause for abnormal AFP is a misdate of the pregnancy, so it sounds like your doctor's intuition is right on. Hang in there! DS had high AFP on our first test and retest and we had zero dating questions (IUI). Our anatomy scan showed a healthy little boy, and he was born perfectly healthy.

Yes!  AFP was marginally low. 

• Yep, I had the same thing happen... My NT was fine, my Quad came back 1:100. I am 3 days less pregnant than they tested at...I declined further testing (amnio) and am just trying to have faith that the baby is fine. I was going to pass on these tests (I am 34) and I should have!! All it did was cause unnecessary stress!! GL with your new test :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Did they find any markers for T21 from the scan or was there anything from the scan that they were concerned about?  If not, I would take a lot of comfort in that.  

With my last pregnancy the penta screen gave me a 1:18 for T18.  It was so stressful and my baby boy was born completely normal.  I've opted out of all testing this pregnancy b/c I'm not going through that again. 

DD(7), DS(4.5), DS(2.5), DS(baby)
  • imagelibra31:

Did they find any markers for T21 from the scan or was there anything from the scan that they were concerned about?  If not, I would take a lot of comfort in that.  

With my last pregnancy the penta screen gave me a 1:18 for T18.  It was so stressful and my baby boy was born completely normal.  I've opted out of all testing this pregnancy b/c I'm not going through that again. 

His femurs were slightly short, but my doctor seemed to think that could have also been because of the discrepancy with the dates.
  • What is the difference between the NT and the quad?  I thought I just got the NT scan.  At 12 wks I had an u/s to measure the fluid in the spinal area and they pricked my finger.  A few weeks later I gave more blood.  Was that the NT scan or both?

• Thanks for your post. My results came back 1/250. It's Christmas right now and I'm waiting for someone to call me back about the Harmony test, so I can book an appt for a nurse to come to my house and draw blood. Christmas is next week so I know I will have to wait a little longer to get the results and it's killing me :(. I'm so upset that me and my family have to go through all of this. I have no issue with Down syndrome but it's the extra complicates that come with it, leukaemia, heart issues. I will have a 2 and 1 month year old when our second child would be born. I have so many thoughts running through my mind. How much will I be taking away from 1st child if my second will have so many issues and require treatments and attention. I just want my results so I can figure things out.
  • Thanks Redhead Baker! You turned my frown upside down xo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"