School-Aged Children

Any homeschoolers?

Just checking in here.  Wondering if any of you parents of school age children are fellow homeschoolers? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any homeschoolers?

• Yes, we are.  Currently we are doing an online program (Connections Academy) but next year we will be 100% homeschool and  then he will go to a homeschool charter two days a week for electives. What program are you doing?  I would love to hear more.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Hi there!  I use My Fathers World Kindergarten curriculum and supplement with Explode the Code for spelling/language building/penmenship.  I supplement Singapore Math which I LOVE.  My preschooler is almost halfway through the K book and my Kindergartener started the 1st grade book after Christmas.  We do a lot of other things on the side- playgroups, art class, lots and lots of books,etc.  I wish there was a specific message board for homeschoolers!  I need to figure out who to suggest it to.  I posted this message to the stay at home moms board and there was a bit of interest there, too.  Glad you are enjoying it!  We are too.  Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We are!  I have a kindergartener and two year old.  We use Horizons math and reading, along with various science and history. 
  • DH homeschools our children.  DD#1 would be in 1st grade and DS would be in Kindergarten, so they just work on the basics for now - reading, wriiting/spelling, and math with science mixed in.  We are evaluating curriculums and long-term plans now but have not decided what to do.

Our homeschool group has been a great resource for ideas as it seems everyone does a little something different.

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • We are homeschooling our kindergartener this year and really enjoying it. We are using Horizons for math and phonics. She also goes to a homeschool PE class one day a week. She gets to do Spanish,karate, and Chinese at the pe class. We are almost done with her K math and are waiting on her 1st grade math book to get here. We will also be homeschooling our 3 yr old. I will be starting the Pre-k curriculum  in a few weeks. 
  • Hi, I'm a lurker, we are hoping to homeschool by the time my son in in K-5. Which with be 2015. He just missed the time frame to start in 2014. Hoping TB will pitch a homeschool board soon, I know homeschoolers need lots of support from other homeschool parents. I was schooled on Abeka, Alpha & Omega, & some Saxon math.
  • imageLovemyflightmedic18:
    We are homeschooling our kindergartener this year and really enjoying it. We are using Horizons for math and phonics.
     interested in Horizons, they seem well put together for parent's & kids.

• I homeschool my daughter. We are just wrapping up kindergarten. Currently we use the K12 program through a charter school. We have found the material really good, although my daughter is struggling with phonics and reading. She has a newly diagnosed with a anxiety disorder, so we are learning ways to help her take the pressure she puts on herself off. Any suggestions in improving in this area would be great.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"