North Carolina Babies
Options

Consign or CL?

I have some big ticket stuff I'm selling but I'm not sure where's the best place.  I feel like I could get more for it off CL, and also wouldn't have to worry about dealing with it at consignment.  But dealing with CL is no picnic either.  Thoughts? 

Our church is having a consignment sale next month, and I'm already taking some clothes, but didn't want to get in over my head with a ton of stuff.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Consign or CL?

• Options

CL always makes me nervous. We sold a couple items in preparation for the nursery and I was scared both times I was meeting people. I would definitely try maybe on here first, at least these women are a vetted (and there's people like me who has only bought a dresser and down to 3 months left!) then you can always call the different consignment stores around W-S & GSO and see if they would give you an estimate of what you could potentially get some something of that size.  It sometimes depends on how the store does their consigning. There are some stores that pay you right away and some that will pay you after it sells (that way you get more money since they know what it sold for and took their cut) - they may give you the option to choose which option you would like.

HTH! 

• Options
    If it's a smaller consignment sale, I'd probably try to sell it all there, and what doesn't sell, do CL. That kind of stuff is usually in high demand, and at a smaller sale, you probably won't have a ton of competition (vs. the larger sales where they'd have like 30 something swings to choose from, etc). GL!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!  It's my first sale, and I honestly have NO idea how big it will be. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"