3rd Trimester
Options

Can't Sit down! Literally...

Is anyone else having serious pelvic/hip pain???  I am not trying to complain but I am so tired of not being able to sit or lie down.  I am most comfortable standing and I get so tired of it!!  My OB sent me to a PT and I'm now on a waiting list for H20 PT.  Any suggestions for how to get comfortable?  I have a 1000 pillows in my bed and I sit in a recliner and have a heating pad next to it... Thanks in advance :)  

PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can't Sit down! Literally...

• Options
    I suppose it depends on why you are hurting but during both of my pregnancies the only way I survived the last tri was sitting on an exercise ball. I sat on it at the computer, dinner table, instead of couch, etc.... It helped open my pelvis and take off pressure. It's also good to encourage baby to get into and eventually stay in position. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I hear you.  I can't sit for longer than 10 minutes at a time because of mid-back pain. I always joke that I'm the only pregnant person that likes to stand all the time.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Have you tried tying your knees together? 

My SPD was worst around 31-32 weeks.  Then the baby turned and I got a good amount of relief.

Good luck!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options

imagepenguinem:
    I suppose it depends on why you are hurting but during both of my pregnancies the only way I survived the last tri was sitting on an exercise ball. I sat on it at the computer, dinner table, instead of couch, etc.... It helped open my pelvis and take off pressure. It's also good to encourage baby to get into and eventually stay in position. Good luck!

Exactly this. I always sit on my exercise ball in the last bit of my pregnancies. It's good for your hips, back, posture, can alleviate some of the pressure, and helps baby get into a good position. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hear u! When I sit down too long, my belly starts aching and it doesn't help that my baby is super active :) I find relief by always leaning back and changing positions often. I am in my second body pillow which is a lot thicker than the lat one and it helps with the hip pain. Good luck to u ;)
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!  I have tried the exercise ball, but unfortunately it makes it worse.  I'm so tall and my legs are really long so it hurts my hips to have my knees elevated above my hips...  I'm just going to be the standing pregnant lady and I should be somewhat prepared for the sleepless nights ahead of me! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"