Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Breast pump recommendations

I'm in my third trimester with my second baby and am need of buying a breast pump.  For my first baby I used the Lansinoh pump, but don't still have that one.  What pump(s) do you recommend for a mom that will be working full-time (40 hrs+/week)?  I always hear that the Medela recommended but it is expensive.  Thanks for your help!

Re: Breast pump recommendations

• Options
    medela PISA
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You might try and check with your insurance about them paying for one. I had no idea about this until I went to a WIC appointment and they told me about it. The one that my insurance would cover is the Medela hospital grade pump. GL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used a Medela pump that I rented from a local lactation consultant services.  I found that a more cost effective option than buying one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    if you would like to join our facebook group 2012 Global Mommy and Me Group, add your email here so I can add you.. Thanks.  :)
  • Options
    medela PISA. definitely worth the investment. and a hands-free bra.
  • Options
    Another rave for Medella. For me, it was much more cost effective to buy verses rent
  • Options
    I tried a Medela PIS and the Medela Symphony.  I ended up buying the Lansinoh Affinity and I love it.  I ep so it gets tons of use and it's holding up great.  I have had a better supply since I got it too so it's been more effective for me despite replacing the membranes and such on the Medelas.  I know so many people buy the Medela ones but I've been extremely happy with mine.
  • Options
    I'm EP again (by choice) and used a rental Lactina rental with our first, then purchased a PIS for pumping for DS and proceeded to get two cases of mastitis and supply issues in spite of replacing my membranes out frequently...  Eventually I hit a point that the pump needed to be replaced because I never felt like I could empty.  Had I not been able to find a Lactina I would have ended up purchasing a Hygeia pump instead of a Medela as they are cheaper, have a far better warranty, are a closed system, and overall have a stronger motor than the Medela pumps and are virtually identical.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the recommendations! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"