Baby Showers
Options

Thoughts?

My SIL's baby shower is next week and was wondering what you ladies think of this gift idea.

SIL went a bit overboard and already has a full dresser of outfits/clothes for this LO, because it's a girl. I don't want to buy something that won't be used, so I was going to make a basket with thermometers, tylenol, bulb syringe, gripe water, saline nose drops and things to that affect. I had to buy myself one of those kits and found it did come in handy.

Also I'm on a bit of a budget. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thoughts?

• Options
    Sounds like a great gift to me :) Very useful and practical.
  • Options

I often give a bag or basket w/ those items as a gift. It's things that are needed but most people don't think about until they're in a situation where they need them. I also like to include Bag Balm for diaper rashes, sore nipples, cuts and scrapes. Its great for so many things. 

As a new mom I've discovered that zippered lingerie bags are great for baby socks. I have one hanging next to LO's hamper that I put all her dirty socks into. When laundry time comes I zip the bag shut and throw it in the washer. No more lost socks! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenatgkelley:

My SIL's baby shower is next week and was wondering what you ladies think of this gift idea.

SIL went a bit overboard and already has a full dresser of outfits/clothes for this LO, because it's a girl. I don't want to buy something that won't be used, so I was going to make a basket with thermometers, tylenol, bulb syringe, gripe water, saline nose drops and things to that affect. I had to buy myself one of those kits and found it did come in handy.

Also I'm on a bit of a budget. Thanks!

I think it is a great idea.  Personally I wouldn't get the bulb syringe (she'll get one from the hospital).  If you can swing it get a Nose Freida (so much more effective).  Baby Vicks is also good to have on hand as well as diaper creme (Butt Paste or Desitin).

• Options

imageSuperDeDuper:
    I think it's a great idea.  And if you don't want to use a basket, you could put the items in an infant bathtub and include a towel and/or rubber ducky, shampoo, etc.   There are tons of options and you can pick whatever fits into your budget.  It's a thoughtful gift and everything would be used!

This is a great idea!  My SIL purchased all the bath stuff (tub, towels, thermometer, bath toys, etc) off my registry and made a gift basket out of it with some Johnson & Johnson products - I loved it!

• Options
    I think it's a great idea! Much more useful that more clothes she'll probably only wear once!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Options
    I always do a "bathroom" gift. The tub they want and then fill it with wash cloths, towels, soaps and lotions, gripe water thermometer.  There is a "survival kit" looks like a first aid kit that has the gripe water, nail clippers, file, tylenol (the little tummy's brand) I can't remember what else. All stuff they are going to need and may not realize it at first (gas drops, gripe water) and stuff that will be used as long as baby doesn't have any allergies.  Doing this, you could keep it simple (cheap) or go overboard :)
  • Options
    very thoughtful!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"