Infertility
Options

DH feelings

We are going to do our first IUI tomorrow, of course my mind hasn't shut off for days but DH confessed to me through text message today while he is at work that he is soooooo scared that this isn't going to work.

Honestly, I didn't know what to say...I told him that I also am worried but praying all the time that the IUI itself won't hurt and hopefully my cervix will be good to us and that our 2ww is going to be really long.

Just needed to put my thoughts out there, I often see what we as ladies are thinking and feeling but DH's have the same feelings we do I'm glad that Tim is deciding that it's ok to share his fears and feelings with me. But it's hard when I'm not sure what to say to him, guess I know where he's coming from now when he doesn't know how to make me feel better. 

TTC since November 08 IUI #1-BFN March 1, 2012 Saving Break will try IUI #2 in August 1/2012-S/A wash-count low 3 million 12/30/11 Luminarium(seaweed) stuck in cervix was suppose to "naturally" open it. Surgery for retrival. 12/7/11 Met with Dr. Dougherty new RE-more testing 2/11 Decided to take a year off to save for a new RE 1/11 Cycle day 4 a/s 15mm cyst left Ovary 1 follicle left over no meds this month. 12/10 Cycle Clomid-O'd Progestrone Dostinex =BFN 11/10 HSG-ALL CLEAR & S/A-Adequate 10/10 Cycle- Progestrone and Clomid-O'd=bfn 11/09 lap-removed a lot of scar tissue/endo =not so much cramps during AF ;) 2006 Appendectomy-cyst burst on right ovary =scar tissue 2005 abnormal cells-biopsy and cells removed=scar tissue

Re: DH feelings

• Options

Well... you don't really know until you try. At this point you can stay hopeful, because there's nothing to prove you otherwise. Many of us are a bit jaded after several failed IVFs, so I am trying my best not to overwhelm you with how it feels if it doesn't work. I hope for you that it does. 

It is scary and it is a lot to go through, but at least there are still other options. 

Frankly, it's out of your hands. You can only do so much, so be happy you're doing what you can and that you have a supportive husband!  

(Live in Europe) TTC since 1/2010
  • Options
    thanks mitzi for putting it into prospective. thanks for being a good friend.
    TTC since November 08 IUI #1-BFN March 1, 2012 Saving Break will try IUI #2 in August 1/2012-S/A wash-count low 3 million 12/30/11 Luminarium(seaweed) stuck in cervix was suppose to "naturally" open it. Surgery for retrival. 12/7/11 Met with Dr. Dougherty new RE-more testing 2/11 Decided to take a year off to save for a new RE 1/11 Cycle day 4 a/s 15mm cyst left Ovary 1 follicle left over no meds this month. 12/10 Cycle Clomid-O'd Progestrone Dostinex =BFN 11/10 HSG-ALL CLEAR & S/A-Adequate 10/10 Cycle- Progestrone and Clomid-O'd=bfn 11/09 lap-removed a lot of scar tissue/endo =not so much cramps during AF ;) 2006 Appendectomy-cyst burst on right ovary =scar tissue 2005 abnormal cells-biopsy and cells removed=scar tissue
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    {{HUGS}} The first IUI is a scary time for both of you. Only you really know what to say to your DH. I know my DH and always tried to remain positive. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't want to bring you down, just to set your expectations realistically.  The general rate of IUI success in infertile couples is between 10-20%.  So while this IUI may be successful, it very possibly will not be.  That's no reason not to do it--for most infertiles, you've got maybe 0.5% chance of success per cycle naturally, so 10-20% is a HUGE improvement, and is comparatively much less expensive than IVF.  But don't think that an IUI will be a miracle cure (or IVF, for that matter).

TTC #1 Since 8/2010
    Me: 34, DH: 35 DX: DOR (FSH 14.9, AMH 0.67, AFC ~10) and Egg Quality

IVF #1 Feb 2012. MDFL protocol w/ Met. 7 ER, 0F.
    May Donor Egg IVF cycle:3 EF, 1 blast ET 5/12, 2 frosties
    BFP 5/21! beta #1 5/22 306 beta #2 5/24 818 beta #3 5/31 15,038.

image"">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

• Options
    It always made me feel better when DH told me he was scared, because I really felt that he was "in it" with me, and he was able to understand my fears, too.
    First cycle of Clomid created one follicle=BFN Second cycle of Clomid created two follicles=BFN Break cycle= did not ovulate Third cycle of Clomid, 75mg, two follicles=BFN First IUI cycle with Clomid + Follistim=BFN First IVF Cycyle February 2012 Egg Retrieval on 2-14-2012 {13 follicles, 9 fertilized} Embryo Transfer on 2-19-2012 {Two blasts transferred} 6 snowbabies BETA #1 on 2/28 = 186 BETA #2 on 3/1=346 BETA #3 on 3/6 = 2,499 1st ultrasound on 3/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"