Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Medela Pump question

I have the Medela Pumpin Style Advance. I am exclusively pumping, so I use it multiple times everyday. Sometimes the valve is still wet when I go to use it again. I noticed that the tubing has condensation/moisture in it.  Is that happening to anyone else.  I don't want to cause any damage to the motorby continuing to use it with condensation. 

Sorryfor the errors.  Bumping frommy phone 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Medela Pump question

• Options
    Not sure about the valve, but as far as the tubing goes--after you're done pumping, keep the tubes plugged in and let the air pump through for a few minutes (I usually do this while I'm cleaning the parts).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    agree, after you disconnect, keep the pump going to dry out the tubing.  you should do this after washing/sterilizing tubing as well.  you can also run a little isopropyl alcohol in the tube to help dry them out.  as far as the valves, take them off when you wash your flanges, and air dry them.  if you don't do this, eventually they will get moldy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely haven't been doing that, but I'll start.  Thanks!

Anniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    great advice, I read that in the book & thought it meant leave everything in tact & let it continue to run, not to just let the tubing - thanks!!
  • Options
    Exactly why I prefer my hand pump over my electric. I have tried the tip below but I am still having issues with this. I just had to replace tubing as it got some moldy due to this very issue. I tried cleaning and steaming the tubing and letting it run longer but it did not seem to help. We will see how this new tubing does.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"