1st Trimester
Options

Pregnancy Sex Question.... TMI

DH and I have had sex twice since the BFP, we found out a week ago.  Both times, I have bled during/afterwards, but no pain.  The first time, we though maybe he had been too rough, so we were careful this time to go easier, more grinding than thrusting.  There would be enough blood that my thighs, and both of our pubic areas would be red and I would have to wipe it away with a towel.  I dont have my first dr. appt until March 20.  Is it normal for this to happen?  Should I be freaked out?  I'm really not sure what to think right now.  Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnancy Sex Question.... TMI

• Options
    I don't think that much blood is normal at all. Did you have any cramping and what color was the blood (new ect.) I would definitely bring it up to your provider and take it easy in the bedroom until then. 
  • Options
    It is bright red, no pain, cramps or discomfort of any kind. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Blood can absolutely look like a lot more than it is, especially if its mixed in with arousal fluid.  That being said, it still sounds like a good bit of bleeding to me.  I'd call your doc today just to make sure everything is okay.  I know some docs will prescribe limited sexual activity in the 1st trimester to people with repeated miscarriages, so there must be some concern that sexual activity could affect an early pregnancy..  Sounds to me like your cervix is getting a little bit more action than it needs right now, so I'd give it a rest until you talk to your doc.

Good luck! 

• Options

Bright red blood during pregnancy is never a good thing, imo,

BUT call the doc

• Options
    This happened to me a few days before our BFP. I thought I was getting my period but it stopped. After the BFP, it happened again but it was lighter. I called my doc and they said it is quite normal as long as there's no cramping or heavy flow. She suggested we hold off on sex until my doc appointment next week.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That does not sound like a normal amount of bleeding to me... If you have any cramping I would go to the ER. When I had some very light spotting that wasn't even sex related my OB out me on pelvic rest so I would certainly abstain right now if I were you. 
    chasechristmas

Chase Matthew born at 35 weeks on July 31st

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Thank you Ladies. I will def call my dr tomorrow morning. 
  • Options

This happened to me & DH when I was a little over 7 weeks. I was really scared because I thought I was going to miscarry & hadn't even been in to have my first appointment with the Dr. She had me go in right away for an U/S & it turned out to be a placental tear that she said can be common from strain/intercourse. I was put on pelvic rest for two weeks. Everything looks good (at my 10 wk appointment) but now we are SUPER careful- nothing with me on top & have cut back the frequency (sorry if that's TMI :-/). I would call your Dr. just to let them know what happened & see if they want you to come in/get checked. Hope everything is ok!

• Options
    I've recently had bleeding after sex too. I'm currently 6w5d and my OB has put me on "pelvic rest" aka no sex for the next 4 weeks, until my next check up. They said all looked well and that it's really just precautionary. If I haven't had any bleeding by my next appt they will green light us to get it on again.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It could be totally normal, or it couldn't.  You need to let your doc know and see what they say as well.  I went in the ER for the same reason, granted I did have some cramping.  Come to find out my cervix was closed tight but the sex had aggitated it and made the bleeding happen.  We took "time off" for the past two weeks and just had sex for the first time since that problem last night.  Not even a speck.  So I hope that's all it is for you too!  Just maybe take a break from the sexy time. lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"